Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys ~

In other threads I've been reading about a coin tray that is supposed to be in our trucks. Silly question: Where is it? Would someone be kind enough to post a pic so I can address this with my dealer if indeed I'm supposed to have one? I've only been inside two different Titans, mine and the first truck I test drove and didn't see this in either truck.

Thanks!
:cheers:

·
Registered
901 Posts
I got my LE Crew the beginning of March. Door frame sticker says it was made in February. In reading the manual, I see the coin holder tray in the console picture, but no reference to it (page 2-33 in my manual). I called my sales guy to gripe that someone had swiped it out of the truck to sell with another truck. He said he'd check on it and call me back. He claimed to call corporate and told me they were not yet available, and I'd have to buy it when they came out. He has been extremely straight up with me, so I don't doubt his word.

I'm going to cut some black rubber sheeting I have (similar to the ones already in the larger trays) to put in the 2 long trays on each side of the console, then use one of them. The rubber stops stuff from sliding.

The thread here:

http://www.nissanoffroad.net/messageboard/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8250

has some other info that seems to indicate differently. Check it out. It is a two page thread.

·
Premium Member
17,096 Posts
Canteen Titan said:
Hey guys ~

In other threads I've been reading about a coin tray that is supposed to be in our trucks. Silly question: Where is it? Would someone be kind enough to post a pic so I can address this with my dealer if indeed I'm supposed to have one? I've only been inside two different Titans, mine and the first truck I test drove and didn't see this in either truck.

Thanks!
There is another thread here somewhere where somebody bought one for the exorbitant price of about $60 and then got reimbursement from NISSAN. As I recall, the thread gave the name and phone number at NISSAN.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Canteen Titan said:
Hey guys ~

Thanks!
Hear's the info that you ask for. The Member JetForeman has the pitures of this you can find them at (http://community.webshot.com/user/jetforeman)(picture#15).If for some reason you are not able to pull this up just do a search on (change tray) and you will find it. Also if you wanted two order one here is the part (# 96925-7S000) cost is about $67.00. Alot of us have bought them from the dealers and Nissan will Reimburse you for it! You Must CALL them first though and get a file Number and there OK on this! I hope this info helps you out!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Is the coin tray a standard item on the LE model only? I looked all over my SE's sticker and could not find a line item for the coin tray. I did see the pic on 2-33 it in the owner manual. Thanks for the previous post.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
meckman said:
Is the coin tray a standard item on the LE model only? I looked all over my SE's sticker and could not find a line item for the coin tray. I did see the pic on 2-33 it in the owner manual. Thanks for the previous post.
I have an LE and I also did not get one in my truck.
Those first trucks that hit the dealers back in Dec. alot of them came with the trays. they sence have said that they are discontinueing this part. But it is still available at the dealers parts counter. :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
I picked my truck up last week (finally!) and it didn't have a coin tray either. My sales guy and I checked every Titan on the lot and none of them had one in it. He told me he has never seen a Titan with one, only the Armada's have them.
It's not that big of an issue for me, I don't need all of the cup holders so one of them is now my coin tray.

·
Registered
514 Posts
COHawk said:
I picked my truck up last week (finally!) and it didn't have a coin tray either. My sales guy and I checked every Titan on the lot and none of them had one in it. He told me he has never seen a Titan with one, only the Armada's have them.
It's not that big of an issue for me, I don't need all of the cup holders so one of them is now my coin tray.
My dealer said she'd grab one from an armada.. we'll see if that happens... still waiting for the truck. Drove by today and there's no sign of a delivery of nissans last night.. :( Someone forgot to give my driver the box of granola bars.. he seems to be taking his sweet time.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Alot of us have bought them from the dealers and Nissan will Reimburse you for it! You Must CALL them first though and get a file Number and there OK on this! I hope this info helps you out!
Not the case with me sadly; I called Nissan and told the entire story ( I even referenced this site and the experiences herein) and the only thing I got was "I've never heard of that" and "Call your dealer" (who buy the way has "never heard of that").

I do not understand why some reps at Nissan know things others do not. Don't they use some sort of internal communication or something? It's really frustrating that I just dropped 40 large on a vehicle and I can't even get a darn change tray thrown in! I have to hit tolls all over the place and those spaces next to your legs just don't cut it for keeping the coins in order (or grabbing them easily).

Okay, frustrated rant over.... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
155 Posts
This item is a standard part for all Titans. Your dealer can look it up and they will see that. Not sure why they are not putting them in the trucks as it is part of what we are paying for. My dealer ordered one for me at no cost to me. Fits great!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, after reading about no one recieving a coin tray and it being in the manual saying we are supposed to have them, I went to the dealer and asked about it and I told them about this forum. The guy said he hasnt seen them in any of the Titans but he has in the Armada. So he pulled one out of the Armada and gave it to me with no problems. I know its just a dinky little thing but this truck was expensive so I wanted everything I paid for. Hope everyone gets there little tray, the truck is much faster now with this.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My dealer sucks

Can one of you guys that actually scored the tray, post a part number. It should be stamped on there somewhere. My dealership parts department says they have no idea what I'm talking about. Maybe I should have them dig through the Armada parts listing. Thanks for any other information you might have.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Brickwall said:
Can one of you guys that actually scored the tray, post a part number. It should be stamped on there somewhere. My dealership parts department says they have no idea what I'm talking about. Maybe I should have them dig through the Armada parts listing. Thanks for any other information you might have.
well i could have said use the search option but i didnt its
Part number 96925-7S000 :jester:

·
Registered
15 Posts
got_titan said:
well i could have said use the search option but i didnt its
Part number 96925-7S000 :jester:
You could have said that, but it would have hurt my feelings. :hat:

Thanks for the info, next time I'll scan the thread better before I ask dumb questions.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Brickwall said:
You could have said that, but it would have hurt my feelings. :hat:

Thanks for the info, next time I'll scan the thread better before I ask dumb questions.
no dumb questions here im glad to help

·
Registered
109 Posts
standard if you dont have the bench seat?

static101 said:
This item is a standard part for all Titans. Your dealer can look it up and they will see that. Not sure why they are not putting them in the trucks as it is part of what we are paying for. My dealer ordered one for me at no cost to me. Fits great!!
...I think it is only standard for Titans that dont have the bench seat. For those of us wiith the big foldable console I think the front left 'groove' is for change?

·
Registered
212 Posts
RecklessAbandons said:
Hello, after reading about no one recieving a coin tray and it being in the manual saying we are supposed to have them, I went to the dealer and asked about it and I told them about this forum. The guy said he hasnt seen them in any of the Titans but he has in the Armada. So he pulled one out of the Armada and gave it to me with no problems. I know its just a dinky little thing but this truck was expensive so I wanted everything I paid for. Hope everyone gets there little tray, the truck is much faster now with this.

LOL. Getting an extra 10-15 horses now are ya?

Nick

1 - 20 of 36 Posts