Nissan Titan Forum banner

Cold Air Intake options

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  wogden700 
#1 ·
What's out there for the 2016 and up trucks with the 5.6 gas motor? I used to have an S&B on my old truck and was fairly happy with it (the clear cover never sealed right and would get dirty, everything else was great). I don't see much offered for our trucks. I called S&B, nothing in development for the 2016 and up. I don't see anything on the Volant website.

There's an AFE Momentum GT cold air intake on RealTruck.com that's $400+ and looks like something out of a spaceship...

Looking to improve gas millage and of course get a little more pep. Relatively tons of options for the Cummins (which is discontinued) but nothing for the gas motor, what's gives...

#2 ·
Update: Ended up going with the AFE Momentum intake. Fitment was great for the box, the extra scoop thing not so much. The mounting hole needed to be bored down a bit so the stock bolt's thread would catch.

As long as I was working on the truck I took the front grille out and trimmed the center hole in the side plate and part of the mounting plate for a Ram Air effect. Will see how dirty the filter gets I guess..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.