Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Bumper (will explain name at a later date), I am getting out of the USAF after 13 years and will be moving to the Houston area this Sept time frame. Depending on the job situation and being with the family of my dreams I will be looking at getting a '08 Titan ordered this next Jan/Feb and have it for pick-up around Mar/Apr. :clap: :clap: :clap:

I want to get as much feedback on ideas I have before I place my order. This is the FIRST vehicle that I have ever bought brand new. I want to do it right....

I have done plenty of research at dealerships and have been looking at this site a long while before signing up. Dealerships are in a hurry to help until I mention that I'm waiting to get everything in order. The service department guys here in SC were A LOT of help. I was in the back talking with them for about 2.5 hours passing around ideas. They were excited that someone came to talk to them before coming in to demand a truck and parts without asking. Learned a lot from them and they told me it would probably be in my best interests to get the things below done AT the dealership so it's covered under the warranty.

Basically as you see in my Avatar I want to start with the '08 Titan Crew LE in Majestic Blue. I have not seen ANY Majestic ones here in SC.

I want to fully upgrade it except the DVD nav system. Moon roof and all. I have my own NAV system since I am a computer geek and all. LOL

Mostly this vehicle will be for diving on the road to and from work not off road. So, is it THAT much of a benefit to get a 4X4? I WILL be towing a boat at some point in the future when I get one. I AM getting the Titan first.. :teethmast

Optional things I am planning on having the dealership do before I get it.

- 6" lift
- 22" or 24" Rims
- Haven't really looked at tires as of yet. I want something to fit the wheel well and not look like I'm on roller skate wheels with a 6" lift. :upsidedow

Things I want to do myself.

- Retractable Tonneau cover on the bed.
- Intake system. Want input on what will be the best for what I'm going to use it for.
- Tint Windows (What are Texas laws on tinting? How dark?)
- Running boards (Found some nice LED ones a while back)
- New grill (Looking at options)
- Custom Engine cover. Something Blue to match the truck.
- Exhaust (HAVE NO CLUE) I like what I've heard of the Mangna Flow and Flowmaster. Will need help here. Want something to sound good but not like I'm making "extra" noise. Know what I mean?
- Have always wanted an "manly" horn in a vehicle instead of a stock one. I want a tractor trailer horn.. I want someone to know I'm there if I hit my horn... :rofl:

Please if anyone has any other ideas give me a heads up..

And also, I'd be dumb if I didn't put a "plug" here as well..

Any lines or direction for a company looking for an IT/Telecommunications person with 13 yrs military and deployment experience let me know. I have a resume :readclose LOL

Thanks for reading this and I'm looking forward to talking with you!!

Also, Stacey (the woman of my dreams) and I can't wait to come to next years meet since we are going to miss this one.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
PM inbound

Thank you for your service

premature, but what the heck..... Welcome to Texas

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
Welcome to titan talk, and Texas. If you think you might want 4X4 than get it, it will help with some slick boat ramps if nothing else. Vshort has a air horn in his truck I think. Talk to the dealer that you will be buying from, any dealer has to honor the warranty, no matter where you buy. I just think the dealer is more willing to help if you bought the truck there.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Plenty of great guys in the Houston and surrounding areas. We have a small group of us that do lifts all time on Titans. When you get here and decide that you're ready, let me know. We'll gladly get a group together and take care of that lift for you. Pizza and beer is all it costs. You can't beat that!! Accept my premature welcome to Houston and we all look forward to meeting you at one of our many, many Houston area Titan meets.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks for all the great feedback. I did find the last get together where a few of ya'll did a lift. Can't find it now to show my girl though.. It looked great!!!

·
Registered
592 Posts
Thanks for your service. I'm active duty Navy of 16 years and counting. I can't help you with the Houston area but I can tell you that you couldn't have made a better choice in the '08 Titan. You'll love it for sure. Congrats in advance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts