Nissan Titan Forum banner

Community Project Titan - Pro-4x

6K views 92 replies 21 participants last post by  HudsonValleyTitan 
#1 ·
See less See more
#3 ·
Lets keep this post up to date as they post. I am very interested in seeing what they do to this truck.

#6 ·
man i wish people would quit linking that. The more people that know the less chance i have to win. lol j/k I dont care for the paint job either.

#7 ·
The truck looks like it should be a slammed 4x2. What kind of morons jacks up a truck and then drives around with low profile tires?

#8 ·
I agree, why do this to a pro-4x. they should have just used a 4x2. and also, I hesitated posting it, b/c I didn't want anyone entering but me. haha!
even though I may not care for the truck, I can always sell it! if I only made $10 on it, that $10 more than I have now. :hahano:

#10 ·
anmut said:
The truck looks like it should be a slammed 4x2. What kind of morons jacks up a truck and then drives around with low profile tires?
Thanks for following along on the build!

The picture of the truck is just an illustration to show the paint job that folks voted on. We're not going to touch the suspension or put low pro tires on it. It's a hard-core factory 4x4 and it needs to stay that way.

The truck goes to paint today at Syndicate Auto in San Diego.

- Mike

#11 ·
mikeputc said:

The picture of the truck is just an illustration to show the paint job that folks voted on. We're not going to touch the suspension or put low pro tires on it. It's a hard-core factory 4x4 and it needs to stay that way.

- Mike
Why wouldn't you put a lift on it? Do you have some sort of agreement with Nissan?

#15 ·
mikeputc said:

- Mike
Just curious if the truck actually got painted yet. Pickuptruck.com isn't showing any new updates. :ugh:
Well, I'll keep entering to win.

#16 ·
mikeputc said:
Help us out. Check out weldracing.com and suggest a few wheels to vote on.

I'm thinking the X-Lander Series would look the best out of the two I found that would fit the Titan. However, the X-Lander needs to be powdercoated black. Size wise, I would go with the 20x8.5. But that's just my opinion, I'm sure others will have their own.

Here's a picture of the wheel (in polished form of course because they do not offer a black/powdercoated version):

#19 ·
Oh, and you guys have to put a lift on it!!! Nothing extreme, just some coilovers and deavers. :)

#20 ·
Nice looking project on a great truck. I'm excited to follow along to see how it turns out. Oh and I registered to win too. :D

#21 ·
Definitely the Weld Method wheels in Black! I wanted them, but they were only
available in 17" or 20" and they were $200 more per wheel, so my wifey told me to calm down:domohit: and put it into another accessory instead:D ........Gotta love her:kiss: !

#25 ·
well, finally some updates. Look like the Titan is finally getting her paint job. There are a few pics posted over at pickuptruck.com and they say they're supposed to be posting a video soon.

http://www.pickuptruck.com/html/2008/nissan/project/projecttitan.html

FYI, for all of you considering entering to win... don't. You have no chance... I've entered every day. And I will win. I'm calling it... DIBS. Ha! :rockon

#26 ·
I already got an email saying I won. So there!!! LOL :p

The red in the pics look a little too bright, but I'll wait until the final layer of clear coat is layed on to reserve judgment.

When 2-toning a car like that, do they typically reapply clear coat on the original paint as well?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.