Nissan Titan Forum banner

Comparison Chart -KCover vs Bakflip

19K views 46 replies 10 participants last post by  K149 
#1 · (Edited)
I have read dozens of threads and attempted to summarize the results. KCover/Advance/Fold a cover and Bakflip owners: please read and check my table for accuracy. I have placed a "?" in most of the areas I have questions or uncertainty. Please edit or comment and I will edit this original comparison table and then repost.
I think I have captured the biggest facts, differences, weaknesses, and strengths. Let me know.
Thanks for the proof reading.:boxing:

Attachments

#27 ·
Thanks for clarifying. I wasn't sure if the G2 found new ways to mount without having to flip the track over.

I am a bit hessitant about flipping the track over but if the bed extender slides on the track as normal, then I shouln't have a problem with it. Thanks for the hookup on the price. I'll probably place the order at the end of this month.

#28 ·
FourDoor said:
Thanks for clarifying. I wasn't sure if the G2 found new ways to mount without having to flip the track over.

I am a bit hessitant about flipping the track over but if the bed extender slides on the track as normal, then I shouln't have a problem with it. Thanks for the hookup on the price. I'll probably place the order at the end of this month.
The UT flip is SOOOO easy. Just need good tools, some power, and care. Its nothing. I used no heat, etc. If unhappy, you could reset the UT, and use rivets or trim the rails- both done by others on the forum. You wont need to do that. You got this man.

#29 ·
ok. i have been reading everything i could about covers and sided with the bakflip. first weekend i put it on i drove 150 miles to atlanta. my uncle's car broke down and three people laid in the bed under the bakflip. two of them actually slept. they rode the first half with it up against the truck. i was going 80 and it did fine raised up. they got too cold so we closed the cover. they said it was nice and warm. cover did not vibrate at all. i have also gone through two washes and a rain storm. as far as leaking, i had a fist sized puddle on each wheel well where the hinge is. i absolutely love this cover. very glad i got one even though it took me two weekends to get the utilitrac flipped. durn loctite. use an impact if you're gonna take them bolts out. i got a reducer and some smaller hose to fit into the holes. not a big deal but seems like they coulda sent some durn hose that fit the truck.

#31 ·
crewcabLEinsc said:
ok. i have been reading everything i could about covers and sided with the bakflip. first weekend i put it on i drove 150 miles to atlanta. my uncle's car broke down and three people laid in the bed under the bakflip. two of them actually slept. they rode the first half with it up against the truck. i was going 80 and it did fine raised up. they got too cold so we closed the cover. they said it was nice and warm. cover did not vibrate at all. i have also gone through two washes and a rain storm. as far as leaking, i had a fist sized puddle on each wheel well where the hinge is. i absolutely love this cover. very glad i got one even though it took me two weekends to get the utilitrac flipped. durn loctite. use an impact if you're gonna take them bolts out. i got a reducer and some smaller hose to fit into the holes. not a big deal but seems like they coulda sent some durn hose that fit the truck.
What tricks did you use for the hoses to fit the Titan?

#32 ·
i didn't have a camera. i really wish i had taken some pictures of it too. i couldn't stop laughing for twenty miles. i know it is lame but when i get a camera i am going to take some recreate the moment shots. my picture is like four times too big to post. i don't know how to reduce the image size. make a thumbnail or something (i don't know how)? please help because i want to be able to post pictures.

#33 ·
crewcabLEinsc said:
i didn't have a camera. i really wish i had taken some pictures of it too. i couldn't stop laughing for twenty miles. i know it is lame but when i get a camera i am going to take some recreate the moment shots. my picture is like four times too big to post. i don't know how to reduce the image size. make a thumbnail or something (i don't know how)? please help because i want to be able to post pictures.
Im no expert- but I open the image in Microsoft image viewer and use the edit feature. Then it offers a resize option.

#38 ·
This has been a great thread, and has been a major factor for me in my decision to order the BAKflip. Your pictures were great, and I'm sure you will save a lot of us a lot of research and trial and error. BTW I ordered mine today spoke with Josh based on the contact information you listed; I work with vendors on a pretty regular basis, and those people are some of the most friendly around. I'm sure I will be referring back to this thread during install. Thanks again.

#39 ·
Mikek547 said:
This has been a great thread, and has been a major factor for me in my decision to order the BAKflip. Your pictures were great, and I'm sure you will save a lot of us a lot of research and trial and error. BTW I ordered mine today spoke with Josh based on the contact information you listed; I work with vendors on a pretty regular basis, and those people are some of the most friendly around. I'm sure I will be referring back to this thread during install. Thanks again.
Thank you for the kind words. This web site has been such a blessing to me because of the input of some really great contributors. I have done mods that I would have never attempted without the help of this site and its contributors. What a great place.
In Him,
Mach7

#40 ·
Machado,

I wanted to add. I installed the BAKflip last night, it appears that on the 08 the torx are now #40 not 45 wasn't a big deal but wanted to add the heads up for everyone. Also it looks like from your pictures you were able to leave the front Utilitrac on? I had to take it off to get the rails to go far enough forward to get the tail gate to latch. It does look like it was only about 1/8" from closing but i took the trac off for now. One weekend when I am not as busy i will grind on the corners of the trac and re-install it and the rails. I'll post pictures when complete so that you can add to the records.

#41 ·
Mikek547 said:
Machado,

I wanted to add. I installed the BAKflip last night, it appears that on the 08 the torx are now #40 not 45 wasn't a big deal but wanted to add the heads up for everyone. Also it looks like from your pictures you were able to leave the front Utilitrac on? I had to take it off to get the rails to go far enough forward to get the tail gate to latch. It does look like it was only about 1/8" from closing but i took the trac off for now. One weekend when I am not as busy i will grind on the corners of the trac and re-install it and the rails. I'll post pictures when complete so that you can add to the records.
Correct- I was able to leave the front trac on. I may have swapped the front and rear but I just dont recall. Either way- fully functional and full length trac.

#42 ·
Machado7, this is the best post I’ve seen for the Bakflip cover, I just ordered one manly because of your post, thank you.
By reading yours and others post I think it’s still worth it but need to ask: where is everyone finding this cover for +/-$549? The one I just ordered was around $634 with free shipping at Ultimate Truck and that was the lowest price I found. Am I missing something or did the price just go up?

#43 ·
Titan Izzey said:
Machado7, this is the best post I’ve seen for the Bakflip cover, I just ordered one manly because of your post, thank you.
By reading yours and others post I think it’s still worth it but need to ask: where is everyone finding this cover for +/-$549? The one I just ordered was around $634 with free shipping at Ultimate Truck and that was the lowest price I found. Am I missing something or did the price just go up?
I will try to find that post- I believe his name was Jason and he is at Realtruck.com (I think)- stand by.

#44 ·
Sorry- took forever for me to find the below post- search Re: "Comparison Chart -KCover vs Bakflip" and look at post # 16 for original source.

Machado7 said:
Hope that helps. I have more pics and info if needed. GREAT top. Great Price (534$ shipped- see chart for Josh's contact info)
WAIT- here it is as well.
Call Josh Krahler E-mail: jkrahler@realtruck.com Phone #: 701-253-5906 Ext 128
He will have to add a few promo codes and do that magic they all do when price matching.

#45 ·
Machado7 said:
My only grief so far is learning how to shut the tail gate w/o bending the rear w/stripping of the cover. I have an 04 (so I have a heavy tailgate w/o the power lift assist Nissan added to 05 and beyond- The later years have an easier to lift gate. This allows you to raise the back edge of the cover just a bit while you one hand the tailgate closed.) I cant 1 hand my tailgate easily- too heavy. Im installing a easy lift tailgate torsion bar (20$). Stay tuned. Also, when the tailgate edge has been detailed and is slippery, the rear weatherstripping no longer binds/ bents.
i have the bakflip and LOVE IT as well. as far as shutting the tailgate, i've found that if you pull the cables on the rear section of the cover and let it rest on top of the rails (before it "clicks" into place), you can shut the tailgate like you normally would and then just tap the rear section with your hand and it will lock in place. no worries about messing up the weather stripping that way. :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.