Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My factory headers are cracked and I want to replace the entire exhaust. Does somebody make a 100% kit that includes headers, pipes, mufflers, hanger accessories, O2 Sensor stuff etc?

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
I never saw a complete kit that includes everything you mentioned.

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
Yeah, I just made a kit:

DT long tubes, Berk B-pipes, JBA cat-back, Uprev

Unfortunately you have to buy my kit in separate parts, from different vendors.

You might want to pick up a header to block gasket from Nissan, although I think some people just reuse the OEM gasket. The Berk B-pipes are supposed to come with gaskets.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Nope.... But the set up bestatchess listed is a great combo! Especially the Berk Technology B-pipes! LOL

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Yeah, I just made a kit:

DT long tubes, Berk B-pipes, JBA cat-back, Uprev

Unfortunately you have to buy my kit in separate parts, from different vendors.

You might want to pick up a header to block gasket from Nissan, although I think some people just reuse the OEM gasket. The Berk B-pipes are supposed to come with gaskets.
How much did it all cost you?

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
How much did it all cost you?
DT Longtubes I think $575 although there have been posts about an SS version for more $, so maybe call them and ask.

Uprev $500 (tune by email version)

JBA catback is around $350 or $360

I bought two MF cats for $58 each and had B-pipes made for another $150, but the Berk would be a better way to go (I think) as they apparently use longer life cats and have the sensor bungs positioned so you don't have to extend the sensor wires.

There is a thread about the Berk pipes and pricing, but I dunno the latest on that. (maybe check with gary or read the latest in that thread)

+ labor, which would be substantial if you didn't DIY.

And don't turn the steering wheel with the steering shaft disconnected cuz people that do that get fined another $300 for a new spiral cable in the steering wheel.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
My factory headers are cracked and I want to replace the entire exhaust. Does somebody make a 100% kit that includes headers, pipes, mufflers, hanger accessories, O2 Sensor stuff etc?
Doug Thorley Lt's, custom 2.25" b pipes, flowmaster 2.25/3 Y, 3" pipe to any flow through muffler you want dumped. BAM!! Oh yea and Uprev:)

·
Registered
542 Posts
You need to upload a sound clip of your setup sometime, best.

Is it over-the-top loud, or livable for everyday driving and highway trips?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I think Stillen has the whole deal. I have the catback and love it.

·
Registered
182 Posts
bestatchess: why no Y-pipe in that config? Is it dual to a 2 in/1 out muffler? No Y?

Also, would DT Long tubes, Berk B's, and the JBA work on a 2006 4WD? I now have two sets of cats, after the mods I would have one set - a high flow set on the Berk B-pipes, right? I would throw codes with that until I got Uprev, or is Uprev just for fine tuning?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Also, if I have cracked manifolds I can just bolt on the DT long tubes, right? The only problem is the O2 sensors were after the first cats, and those will be gone with the new headers, so I'd have to have the sensors moved after my 2nd cats (again, I have a 2006 4WD).

All correct?

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
bestatchess: why no Y-pipe in that config? Is it dual to a 2 in/1 out muffler? No Y?
The JBA cat-back does have a Y from the B-pipes to a single in single out muffler. The JBA Y is not crushed like the OEM Y and is not too big so it doesn't kill the low end torque.

Also, would DT Long tubes, Berk B's, and the JBA work on a 2006 4WD?
Yes, provided Berk gets it fitment issues sorted out, and I expect they will take care of that in short order.

I now have two sets of cats
2006 2wd has primary cats on manifolds + resonators in the b-pipes
2006 4wd has primary cats on manifolds + secondary cats in the b-pipes

after the mods I would have one set - a high flow set on the Berk B-pipes, right?
Correct, the Berk B-pipes have one high flow cat in each pipe.

I would throw codes with that until I got Uprev, or is Uprev just for fine tuning?
Not sure you would throw a code, but you definitely need Uprev to correct the AFR. The best thing to do is pickup a cold air intake (if you don't have one already) and install at the same time. Then Uprev can email you the complete tune for CAI, headers, b-pipes, cat-back all in one fell swoop, rather than paying for additional $50 e-tune if you get a CAI later. As far as CAI, I have Injen which comes with the blue dry Amsoil cone filter. There are other CAIs to choose from, many which cost less than Injen. I would recommend getting one with a dry filter so you don't have to worry about over-oiling the filter and fouling your MAF sensor.

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
Also, if I have cracked manifolds I can just bolt on the DT long tubes, right?
I wouldn't use the word "just" because it is an all day job, but yes, they bolt on and they would replace cracked oem manifolds.

The only problem is the O2 sensors were after the first cats, and those will be gone with the new headers, so I'd have to have the sensors moved after my 2nd cats (again, I have a 2006 4WD).
You have two pairs of sensors. If you install long tube headers and Berk B-pipes, the forward pair of sensors go in bungs provided in the headers. The aft pair of sensors go in bungs provided in the B-pipes, downstream of the cats.

Again, this assumes that Berk revises the B-pipe to fit 4wd so that the sensor bung clears the transfer case and the OEM sensor harnesses are long enough to reach the sensor bungs. This doesn't seem like a big deal to me, so I would expect them to get this handled quickly.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Thanks (AGAIN) for all the info, bestatchess.

I know the headers onto the block is brutal, and I'm going to have to get someone to help with that. I am hoping the DT's bolt to the OEM B-Pipes, which the shop will do, and later I will come along and bolt on new B-pipes and a new cat back system. Although I think I am being naive if I believe there is no fabrication to do when matching up parts from 3 vendors

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
I am hoping the DT's bolt to the OEM B-Pipes, which the shop will do, and later I will come along and bolt on new B-pipes and a new cat back system.
Yeah, it will bolt up. If you are going to have the shop do the headers, I would get a price for the entire install, as cutting (as opposed to dealing with well rusted studs & nuts) off B-pipes & exhaust and bolting on brand new parts should go really quick, particularly on a lift.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I think I may be priced out of the Berks. Nearly the same cost as the headers and 20% more than the entire catback system, just for the b-pipes/cats? Seems unreasonable.

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
I think I may be priced out of the Berks. Nearly the same cost as the headers and 20% more than the entire catback system, just for the b-pipes/cats? Seems unreasonable.
I bought two Magnaflow 94035 cats for $120 and had B-pipes made for another $150 or so. But then I had to spend some time extending O2 sensor wires and the cats in the Berks are probably better. There is a thread on here somewhere that gives the size & dimensions of the pipe & bends you need to make the B-pipes. Then with a 4x4 you need to be careful where you locate the sensor bungs or the driver side sensor won't clear the transfer case. So yes, you can probably save $200, but you might end up with a big PITA or paying additional labor charges that will offset the savings.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Did you say the Berks aren't ready for 4WD vehicles (which is what I have) anyway?

I am set on DT Long Tubes and a JBA cat back exhaust, but no B-pipes yet.

Why would I not want to keep the OEM B-pipes?

Who else makes bolt in b-pipes for the titan? is it just Berk or a custom job as my options?

The big OEM exhaust stickied thread mentions I will throw codes since the B-pipe O2 sensors will read straight engine air. Is that true on my 4WD since I still have secondary cats? Is the only way to NOT throw codes to keep cats in the B pipe and make sure the sensors are behind them? The same stickied thread mentions Magnaflow makes a CAT with a rear bung - does it work on the 4wd since you mentioned bung placement can torpedo it all?

Too many questions, sorry.

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
Did you say the Berks aren't ready for 4WD vehicles (which is what I have) anyway?
There was a post this AM that they have them straight now and will be shipping the revised version next week to the original buyers. As far as new purchasers, you would have to contact them and see when they can ship.

I am set on DT Long Tubes and a JBA cat back exhaust, but no B-pipes yet. Why would I not want to keep the OEM B-pipes?
You may not pass sniffer type emissions with only the secondary cats, you may throw cat efficiency codes, and they may be lower flow. I think some people have just punched out the secondary cats (hollowed them out) and run w/o any cats. Perhaps Uprev could clear any resulting codes, or you could trick them with defoulers, but you would need to talk to Uprev and/or hear from somebody running w/o cats.

Who else makes bolt in b-pipes for the titan? is it just Berk or a custom job as my options?
Stillen makes bolt in B-pipes w/ cats, they cost the same or more than Berk and I think perhaps Berk has better cats and may be less likely to throw codes because of the sensor bung extensions. You never really know until the early adopters try them out for awhile, but it appears that Berk is an established company as far as making catted pipes for other vehicles. Walker makes some inexpensive bolt-in B-pipes w/o cats, I think they have a resonator built in.

The big OEM exhaust stickied thread mentions I will throw codes since the B-pipe O2 sensors will read straight engine air. Is that true on my 4WD since I still have secondary cats?
To avoid throwing codes w/o tricks, you have to have the sensors behind (or in the bung on the downstream end of the cat) adequate cats in the B-pipes. I think some people were able to trick them by running defoulers which move the sensor further out of the exhaust flow. The secondary cats in the B-pipes were not intended to handle the entire job w/o primary cats. MF 94035 are rated to handle our engine size and vehicle weight.

Is the only way to NOT throw codes to keep cats in the B pipe and make sure the sensors are behind them?
w/o tricks such as defoulers, perhaps Uprev squashing the codes, yes, I think that is the case. Again, if you have to pass sniff emissions, I think you need adequate cats. AFAIK, you can't legally run anything except OEM cats in California, and they apparently have a visual inspection of your exhaust system.

The same stickied thread mentions Magnaflow makes a CAT with a rear bung - does it work on the 4wd since you mentioned bung placement can torpedo it all?
The Magnaflow cat will work provided you put them in the right position, I had to extend one of the rear sensor harnesses by splicing & soldering. If you don't plan things out carefully, you may end up with the transfer case blocking sensor installation. A couple of people have reported fairly early failure of the Magnaflow 94035 cat, but mine are still working fine.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts