Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my buddy has an Nissan Armada. Pretty much same thing as our Titans. I personally installed a remote start system on his mada, just like I did on my titan. This was before snow started in 2009. The system has been working flawlessly for over a year. But now his mada is completely dead. He thinks its something to do with the remote start. Here is what he did before it died...
Opened the garage and started the car to warm up
Decided not to take the mada, so shut it down with the remote (it is a 2-way remote start system)
15 mins later went into the garage and it was making a clicking sound in the engine compartment
The only thing that made the clicking go away was to turn the ignition to ON (he did not disconnect the battery because his terminal bolts are stripped)
Next morning the car was dead, obviously. But even a jump start would not help.

We have tried a new battery, checked all fuses, including ignition fuses and main (+) battery terminal fuses. I also thought it could be the IPDM, so I tried the relay swap and also tried putting in the one from my truck. Still no luck. Nothing lights up, except for the dome light and the key light flashes on the dash. Also the drivers power seat is adjustable and you can lock/unlock from the doors. Everything else....DEAD. If you put in the key with the door open, it makes the beeping sound and if you have the headlight switch on with the door open it also makes the typical notification sound, even though the lights do not turn on.

Sorry about the lengthy post, but any ideas? Is the ECU fried? Or is there a main grounding terminal that has lost contact somewhere? Could it be a security feature that needs to be deactivated? Possibly something to do with having the ignition turned on for an extended period of time? I need some ideas to try before trying to reprogram/replace the ECU. Thanks.

·
Registered
74 Posts
i had a remote start professionaly installed on my last car and about a year later it started doing all kinds of wacky crap. starting and shutting off, not starting, just flashing lights. i brought it back and they replaced the remote start relay pack. they said that somtimes they just go bad

1 - 3 of 3 Posts