Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up some new speakers for the titan (blew the old ones), and I got the 6 x 9s installed up front by an audio shop. I wanted them to put some 6 x 5 components in the rear, but they wouldn't take off the back panel because of the seat belt. I want to put them in the back myself (I know how to swap a speaker), but I had some questions. Do the components have to use the tweeters that come with them, or can I just keep the ones in my dash? (The ones that came with these are real POSes) Can I just swap out the backs with the components?

·
Registered
787 Posts
I'm a little confused here..They wouldn't take off the panels on the rear doors because of the seat belts? If so, there isn't anything seat belt related in the rear door panels..The tweeters that come with the components don't have to be used, but why wouldn't you use them? Plus the stock ones will probably get blown..The tweeters that came with your component set are that crappy? what components did you buy? You can swap out the back with components as well..Isn't that what the shop was going to do to being with? See how confused I am..

·
Registered
256 Posts
I just picked up some new speakers for the titan (blew the old ones), and I got the 6 x 9s installed up front by an audio shop. I wanted them to put some 6 x 5 components in the rear, but they wouldn't take off the back panel because of the seat belt. I want to put them in the back myself (I know how to swap a speaker), but I had some questions. Do the components have to use the tweeters that come with them, or can I just keep the ones in my dash? (The ones that came with these are real POSes) Can I just swap out the backs with the components?

Your best bet is to use the tweeters that came with your components. Its easy to run the wires from your crossovers to the factory tweeter position in your dash. The factory tweeters suck! You can use the factory clips and some metal strap about 1/2" wide from any Hardware store. I dont know what it is called, but its a metal wrap that construstion people use to tie up pipes and such. It has holes in the strap about every 1/4". Easy to bend and shape to use as a a place for the tweeter to sit in and screw to. Do yourself a favor and use the component tweeters...its worth the work!!!!!!!

Im geussing you have a extended cab truck? If so, no need for rear speakers. A good pair of components in the front, powered correctly, should do the job. Now if you have a crew cab, its easy to add a rear 61/2" component to the rear doors. I have a crew cab with MB Quarts in all four doors, but I have the rear door speakers just about cancelled out. Dont need them....except for a little rear fill for rear passengers...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts