Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone experienced any condensation on the drivers side (front) on the carpet below car mat? I don't understand where this condensation is coming especially since my windows are up and seals are intact, etc...

As the AC compressor is located in the passenger side, I realized that this could not be the problem. I brought my truck to Nissan and they removed the carpet and panels and thoroughly checked the dash and under the hood for leaks, however, could not locate the source.

They also conducted a Water Test to no luck!

Nissan advised me that it may be the way I park my truck (sideways on an incline) and when it rains or wash my truck, water may be leaking in, which I believe to be crap, since they could not locate the source during the water test.

They vacuumed and advised me to observe for about a week and it should resolve itself.

Well it's over a week and I am still baffled with the condensation and quite concerned since I live in Hawaii and the heat/humidity does not help but promote MOLD.

Any advice anyone has is greatly appreciated.

JAE2

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been having the same problem. I have taken it to the dealership and they blamed the folks who installed my stereo. They said it was coming in through he firewall where the amp power line was wired. I knew that was not it, so after a few days of leaving my Truck running with the carpet and pad lifted up I found the problem.

Water is leaking in through the Drivers back door which I found after a hard rain. It is leaking underneath the housing where the spearker is mounted. Since there is a rubber gasket aligning the door, the water has no place to go other than in the door step panel. Since our trucks are higher in the back, the water is running down the plastic door step panelling/channel to the front floor and over time with lots of water, it will drench your drivers floor padding and carpet.

You may want to pull up your drivers carpet and padding and take a look. My padding was soaked 100% but I think I caught it in time before it starts stinking, of course I'v gone through 2 tanks of gas with the floor heating on to dry it.

I am taking it back to the dealership and if it turns out to be a bad gasket, then I am going to insist they also replace the carpet and pad to prevent mildew smell. I may also take it back to the stereo shop to make sure they installed the door panel correctly after they dyno matted and put in a new speaker. Hopefully my Focal speaker is not ruined.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have had this problem in my daughter’s car (2000 Mazda Protégé ES) passenger side; the dealer found the A/C drain line plugged (dam tree leaves). Condensation from the A/C will drain out of the air ducts into the passenger compartment. The line can be cleared with a thin wire (you may have to take apart the dash to get access to the line). Even though the A/C unit may be on the passenger side the duct routing might allow the water to get to the driver side. Have your dealer check it out. Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts