Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a Volant intake with a Volant cone filter. The filter got a little squished so I wanted to replace it with a new one. Do I have to replace it with another Volant? I was at AutoZone the other day and they had K&N ones, as well as an "off brand" on hand that claims to pull the same amount of air for half the price! All these filters look identical, they r the same size and all are able to be cleaned and re-oiled. Is there really any difference between the $60-$80 Volant or K&N, and the $30 one? Thanks!

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Hi, I have a Volant intake with a Volant cone filter. The filter got a little squished so I wanted to replace it with a new one. Do I have to replace it with another Volant? I was at AutoZone the other day and they had K&N ones, as well as an "off brand" on hand that claims to pull the same amount of air for half the price! All these filters look identical, they r the same size and all are able to be cleaned and re-oiled. Is there really any difference between the $60-$80 Volant or K&N, and the $30 one? Thanks!

Not really any difference, but if you going to replace the stock Volant go with a dry flow (oil less) one.

Amsoil Air Filter - Nissan Titan Forum: Club Titan Forums

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Whats the benefit of going dry vs oiled?

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
cleaner air flow:teethmast

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info! Did some research, gonna go with the AMSOIL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts