Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those of you who have seen my posts in the past know that I never owned a truck. I am looking forward to purchasing the Titan. Before I buy, I need to make a good decision on a bed cover of some sort. I know NOTHING about the different covers. Would someone explain the different type of covers and the difference between a cover and a cap?

Those of you using the utili-trac system, do you have a good recommendation on a hard cover that is water tight, low profile, locks, and preferably, one that can be opened in different places and/or wideth (a bit like the Fold-A-Top system I've seen). Thanks. :cheers:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Bmosbacker said:
Those of you who have seen my posts in the past know that I never owned a truck. I am looking forward to purchasing the Titan. Before I buy, I need to make a good decision on a bed cover of some sort. I know NOTHING about the different covers. Would someone explain the different type of covers and the difference between a cover and a cap?

Those of you using the utili-trac system, do you have a good recommendation on a hard cover that is water tight, low profile, locks, and preferably, one that can be opened in different places and/or wideth (a bit like the Fold-A-Top system I've seen). Thanks. :cheers:
Unfortunately, if you're interested in a fold-a-cover (I've had a 4 panel on my 2000 Dakota since new and loved it: light, completely removable, and with the bed extender folded in it's like having a little trunk in the back perfect for golf clubs, etc.) we may be SOL as here's the quote from Advance cover from my inquiry:

at this time there still are some major issues with this truck so i do not
know when or if we are going to do this truck
Too bad since it seems like the utilitrack bed rails may be a natural for a mechanism to easily lock in and out for removal. :deathsent

·
Registered
278 Posts
FYI this should go on the visual modification forum.

GOOD LUCK ON YOUR TITAN PURCHASE :cheers:

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
Bmosbacker said:

There are several different types. Some that have been previously mentioned here:

1. Hard bed lids. A.R.E. makes a nice one. If you search this forum, you will find photos of one on a Silver Titan. Apparently they paint them to match, and reference was made to a keyless remote lock feature. You can get this type of lid with a rack on top for skiis or bikes. They look nice, fit well, but limit the height of what you can put in the bed under the lid. Also, they aren't good for hauling dogs. http://www.4are.com/product/lsii/

2. Shells. LEER apparently has one available and is working on another. If you go to LEER's web site they have a photo of one on a TITAN. http://www.leer.com/titanproject.html These are higher and allow more room under the shell. I think you can also get them with a roof rack. I am waiting to see what SnugTop will have. They indicate they are working on one for the Titan. http://www.snugtop.com/

3. Soft. There was reference to one with a soft cover, like canvas or something, posted here previously. I think you can also get soft tonneau covers.

·
Registered
11 Posts
oktitan said:
Unfortunately, if you're interested in a fold-a-cover (I've had a 4 panel on my 2000 Dakota since new and loved it: light, completely removable, and with the bed extender folded in it's like having a little trunk in the back perfect for golf clubs, etc.) we may be SOL as here's the quote from Advance cover from my inquiry:

Too bad since it seems like the utilitrack bed rails may be a natural for a mechanism to easily lock in and out for removal. :deathsent

FYI - I have a Fold-A-Cover on my Tundra and I love it. Since I will be getting a Titan, I called Fold-A-Cover and asked them if they would be making a cover for the Titan. They told me it was currently under production so one is on the way! I asked if the cover would be compatable with the utilitrack and the person I spoke with did not know. Here is the web link for Fold-A-Cover:

http://www.fold-a-cover.com

Good luck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
FWIW, I got my info from advancecover.com which looks like the same as my Mopar accessory Dakota cover. Looking at the details, I've seen a Colorado with what looks like a fold-a-cover.com unit which looks a little better than the Advance Cover design. So, if Fold-a-cover's working on it, so much the better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts