Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I know there are bunch of threads about people getting the CEL light checked and having codes p0420 & p0430, however I searched and read tons of threads but I'm still confused.

About 2 months ago my ECU relay failed, replaced it and 2 days or so later the CEL came on, but it was just p0420, turned it off and it came back but also with 0430.

Went yesterday to a buddy's shop, hooked it up to a scanner and it showed that it's running rich in both bank 1 & 2.

I cleaned the MAF sensor yesterday and plan on doing new plugs tonight, since I've never changed them in 94k miles, but I'm sure it won't fix anything.

I know that the cats are probably bad from the ECU failure and pouring excess gas into them, but what else should I try? O2 sensors first? I'm leaving town Thur evening for the holiday weekend so trying to figure it out before then.

Oh and all that I have done is Injen CAI, muffler and timing advance to 18*.

2006 SE

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've been driving it a few times a week, even took a road trip with it to pick up a new car last weekend and no problems, but if the cats are bad how long would it be before they just completely fail?

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
I would not delay. Bad cats can lead to back-sucked cat grit, destroying the engine. Are your manifolds cracked? Manifolds & cats are covered under warranty to 80,000 miles.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea I'm @ 94k miles, so no warranty for me. Haven't checked the manifolds for any visible cracks, but i will tonight when I get home, I was really hoping someone would chime in and say that if it were running rich then its not bad cats.

I suppose I could just remove the cats all together, couldn't I? I'm currently getting inspected in an emissions free county

1 - 4 of 4 Posts