Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello new guy here but have been lurking this forum through Google searches since purchasing my titan about a month ago.. I purchased a 2007 titan 2wd cc and it came lifted with I'm sure it's the PC 6" lift from what I can tell because of the rear white body shocks and the frame bars? That bolt to the drop bracket With the red bushings. It also has the front spacer up front. So my confusion lies in what I can do with the front shocks, they're in need of replacement and I'm sure they're the originals! I can't really afford coil overs like saws, radflos, etc that I've read. But is there any other options I have on shock replacement up front and getting rid of the spacer? there is conflicting posts throughout the forum where some say yes run the bilsteins 5100 and others say no not with bracket lifts. Is there a 6" front strut replacement for our trucks? Fords and tundras have bilsteins for 6" lifts.. Are the pro runner procomp ss shocks doable without the spacer upfront? Or can I do from what I've read which is 5100's on the lowest or middle setting and 08 4x4 coils to get rid of the spacer? Thanks for your time. And sorry for the long post. Switched over from a lifted silverado and liking it!

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
Sounds like your best option is to run bilstein 5100's on the bottom perch and retain the spacer. Nothing wrong with running this setup. The only option to replace the pro comp lift spacer is to run bracket lift coil overs. I am running 5100's with my rough country bracket lift and have no issues. I couldn't afford coil overs either.

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
x2. do what he said. and try not to give in to the temptation to put the Bilsteins on any setting other then bottom setting. it can break the shocks. If you are easy on the truck and its 100% on the street then i'm sure it'd be fine to run them at the 1" setting (middle setting). Top setting will ride really rough.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Ditto on what they said! Billsteins on bottom perch..

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aw man that sucks lol. Them ford and Toyota guys are lucky! They have bilsteins for a 6" configuration.. so if I went with the bilsteins I couldn't run it on the middle setting? I do hit basic trails in the mountains and desert. But no high speed like 40+mph..what about the procomp runners ss? I swear I thought I saw a 6" setup with those..what about coils should I get new ones? The truck has 100k. Think they're sagging from mileage. And if I went with bilsteins could I run with no sway bar upfront? Cause I'm getting an occasional clunk when turning or backing down my driveway that's on an incline.. thanks again sorry for the long post again lol

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nothing? Lol

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
Aw man that sucks lol. Them ford and Toyota guys are lucky! They have bilsteins for a 6" configuration.. so if I went with the bilsteins I couldn't run it on the middle setting? I do hit basic trails in the mountains and desert. But no high speed like 40+mph..what about the procomp runners ss? I swear I thought I saw a 6" setup with those..what about coils should I get new ones? The truck has 100k. Think they're sagging from mileage. And if I went with bilsteins could I run with no sway bar upfront? Cause I'm getting an occasional clunk when turning or backing down my driveway that's on an incline.. thanks again sorry for the long post again lol
Nothing? Lol
IMO buy some bracket lift coilovers from Sway away or ICON. This will replace the big spacer.

Procomp pro runner shocks are junk.

you can get new coil springs to run with your Bilsteins through nissan or a lot of guys use Moog springs. sway bar is up to you, you'll notice more lean on the highway but it'll ride much smoother overall.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay I'm just going to look into the 5100's for the front and keep the spacer. So should I replace the coils that have 100k or just keep them and put them on the new shocks? Is there a pdf file I can download and print out for the shop that does my shocks since there a certain "way" the bilsteins have to be installed so they don't cause noise.

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
Okay I'm just going to look into the 5100's for the front and keep the spacer. So should I replace the coils that have 100k or just keep them and put them on the new shocks? Is there a pdf file I can download and print out for the shop that does my shocks since there a certain "way" the bilsteins have to be installed so they don't cause noise.
For the money I would. Then you can have the shop assemble the bilstein and coil spring assembly and it'll be super easy to swap out the old ones. Just move the spacer onto the new set up. There is a big thread on here that shows the right order. just print out one of the lists or drawings that members have put up in that thread.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How come you say I'd break the shock if I wanted to run on the middle setting? Isn't that why these shocks are recommended for quality, ride and adjustability?
As for the my sound do you think it's the shocks? They look like the originals. But it only happens when I reverse. Like backing down my driveway or backing out of a parking space. I can feel it in the floorboard by me feet. I can also get it to do clunk/pop if I turn the wheel left to right a couple times. I think the previous owner might have already installed LCA spacers but not sure. I'm trying to upload pictures of the LCA and sway bar mounts but it saying an error occurred?

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
There have been quite a few incidents where people running the 5100's on the middle or top perch in conjunction with a large bracket lift spacer, bending the lower mount. The added stress from the large spacer is said to be the cause. I have been running mine for awhile on the middle perch and haven't had any issues. I don't do anything real aggressive with my truck either. Some have claimed they bend simply driving over a bump into a driveway. My driveway has a pretty large rise for rain water runoff and the roads here are horrible due to winter. Still no issues.

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
There have been quite a few incidents where people running the 5100's on the middle or top perch in conjunction with a large bracket lift spacer, bending the lower mount. The added stress from the large spacer is said to be the cause. I have been running mine for awhile on the middle perch and haven't had any issues. I don't do anything real aggressive with my truck either. Some have claimed they bend simply driving over a bump into a driveway. My driveway has a pretty large rise for rain water runoff and the roads here are horrible due to winter. Still no issues.
I think its the guys who drive their trucks harder then they think. Also its probably not going to happen on most of the shocks, but every now and then it'll happen. I bet 08+4x4 springs would cause the shocks to bend more then say older year springs. I romped my truck hard with a 2" spacer on billys on the middle setting and never had an issue.

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
I think its the guys who drive their trucks harder then they think. Also its probably not going to happen on most of the shocks, but every now and then it'll happen. I bet 08+4x4 springs would cause the shocks to bend more then say older year springs. I romped my truck hard with a 2" spacer on billys on the middle setting and never had an issue.
I agree. I have to drive over a lot of rough roads with pretty nasty ice build up. Some so bad it has formed a 3-4" ledge. I am also driving like a normal person. I don't expect my set up to hold up after catching air. I assume most people having the issues are driving there trucks as if they had coilovers. The +08 4wd coils is another good point. Especially if they are the moogs. Heck of a lot more spring pressure being applied.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah that's why I figured. People that broke shocks are probably even jumping the truck thinking they got coilovers underneath. But would coilovers really be worth money? Cause alot of threads I read they're complaining about noise and other things. And if they're really worth it I would wait and just throw some regular shocks under there for now. How much more capable would my truck be with coilovers as opposed to bilsteins? When I offroad maybe 2 or 3 times a month? And do gm trucks and fords have the same strut setup design as we do?

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
And how do you post a picture ? I can't get it to upload. Trying to figure out if I have the LCA spacer

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
Yeah that's why I figured. People that broke shocks are probably even jumping the truck thinking they got coilovers underneath. But would coilovers really be worth money? Cause alot of threads I read they're complaining about noise and other things. And if they're really worth it I would wait and just throw some regular shocks under there for now. How much more capable would my truck be with coilovers as opposed to bilsteins? When I offroad maybe 2 or 3 times a month? And do gm trucks and fords have the same strut setup design as we do?
gm's and fords do have a coil over design but obviously different lengths. Fords have the UCA mounted much lower so its actually wrapped around the shocks. much better then our design where the UCA hit the coil bucket

And how do you post a picture ? I can't get it to upload. Trying to figure out if I have the LCA spacer
upload to photo bucket first, then copy the pic, then click the little mountain icon where you reply to posts and past it there.

·
Registered
14,137 Posts

thats a LCA delrin spacer.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Save up and go with bracket lift coilovers. I had the procomp c/o's without the spacer on top. Im sure they're ok in the beginning, but they went for a crap. I just replaced them with ICONS. Huge difference!!!. Wasnt happy about the price but that changed real quick after the first road test. Now the front coils are ready for whatever I want to throw at them! Good luck!

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey REDRUM how were you able to run the setup I want to run in my first post. I'm viewing this forum through a computer for the first time and I can see the sigs. I saw that you have a 6" bracket lift with 4x4 coils and 5100's which is what I want to run. Any reason why you were able too and I wouldn't be able to? I have a 6" bracket lift too. Thanks.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)

Would this be a spacer in the LCA ?

these are my sway bar bushings, they're pretty shot huh?

1 - 20 of 58 Posts