Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Specifically I am considering a Pro-4x if I can find one in my budget.

Been doing some research and it seems these are good years with good value, very solid truck for off roading. I particularly like that it has a rear locker.

Any concerns to be aware of?

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
Use the search function. This is maybe the fourth time this has been discussed in the last couple of months.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Specifically I am considering a Pro-4x if I can find one in my budget.

Been doing some research and it seems these are good years with good value, very solid truck for off roading. I particularly like that it has a rear locker.

Any concerns to be aware of?

Thanks.
Any Titan post-2007 up until 2015 is a well sorted truck.
You are best to do your usual "due diligence" as with ANY used vehicle.

We have a few new members here who post "my 2010 Titan is a pile of crap" type threads. Of course, these are used vehicles that may have been totaled, flooded, salvaged, etc.

These days it seems impossible to buy a vehicle from it's original owner, but that'd be how I'd prefer it. Or, 2nd best option is from a dealer that kept the truck after a trade-in. Vehicles that are auctioned-off after a trade-in are sent to auction for a reason. If a dealer keeps a trade-in for the used car lot, it's usually a good vehicle.

Reactions: ThaLooch

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any Titan post-2007 up until 2015 is a well sorted truck.
You are best to do your usual "due diligence" as with ANY used vehicle.

We have a few new members here who post "my 2010 Titan is a pile of crap" type threads. Of course, these are used vehicles that may have been totaled, flooded, salvaged, etc.

These days it seems impossible to buy a vehicle from it's original owner, but that'd be how I'd prefer it. Or, 2nd best option is from a dealer that kept the truck after a trade-in. Vehicles that are auctioned-off after a trade-in are sent to auction for a reason. If a dealer keeps a trade-in for the used car lot, it's usually a good vehicle.
Oh I will have it inspected thoroughly. Thanks.
This is good information. The one I am looking at is single owner through a dealer. But I think it might have gone to auction after trade in....not sure. Can I determine that through the Carfax?

·
Registered
16 Posts
just picked up a 2011 pro4x myself a few weeks ago. Was a single owner but a lot of miles. They are out there just have to be patient and look. I would suggest autotempest to search for them. I'd been looking for about 3 months before I found this one. I'd also suggest vindecoderz for seeing what options it has (should have). Many dealers don't know jack about them. They think the tow mode button = big tow package.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I work at a Nissan dealer as a service tech. I have seen a lot of '11-'15 Titans come through the shop with 60k miles or less on them, in very good shape. I guess people use them as second vehicles and dont really drive them a whole lot around here. I bought mine, one owner with 132k on the odometer, only problem I have ever had with it is the starter went bad, other than that its been all maintenance.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I work at a Nissan dealer as a service tech. I have seen a lot of '11-'15 Titans come through the shop with 60k miles or less on them, in very good shape. I guess people use them as second vehicles and dont really drive them a whole lot around here. I bought mine, one owner with 132k on the odometer, only problem I have ever had with it is the starter went bad, other than that its been all maintenance.
My 2007 only has 80K now. We use it as a road-trip, tow rig, camping vehicle and leave the daily driving to more efficient "ding duty" type cars.

Sometimes I think about getting a King Cab Pro-4x (seems very rare) of course I never see them for sale, but looking through all of the other Titans, they have tons of miles on them! Not uncommon to see them with 200K and in surprisingly good condition. And, likely due to the 'rona, priced way too high

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My 2007 only has 80K now. We use it as a road-trip, tow rig, camping vehicle and leave the daily driving to more efficient "ding duty" type cars.

Sometimes I think about getting a King Cab Pro-4x (seems very rare) of course I never see them for sale, but looking through all of the other Titans, they have tons of miles on them! Not uncommon to see them with 200K and in surprisingly good condition. And, likely due to the 'rona, priced way too high
thats exactly what I found. I just put a deposit on it and pending an inspection by a mechanic, I'm gonna buy it.

2012, 86k miles, 19K price tag. Its about 3-4k cheaper for a comparable Tundra, which is the other truck I was looking at, and doesn't seem to have much over the Titan other than the Toyota name and more aftermarket support.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
just picked up a 2011 pro4x myself a few weeks ago. Was a single owner but a lot of miles. They are out there just have to be patient and look. I would suggest autotempest to search for them. I'd been looking for about 3 months before I found this one. I'd also suggest vindecoderz for seeing what options it has (should have). Many dealers don't know jack about them. They think the tow mode button = big tow package.
nice! congrats! Looks like I might be in the same boat within a week, just put a deposit down on one myself. I've been shopping for trucks for nearly 3 months myself, but I've gone from looking at Silverado, to F150, to the Tundras, then maybe Ram, and then finally Titan. Fingers crossed this truck checks out and I'll be a new Titan owner with ya.

·
Registered
675 Posts
thats exactly what I found. I just put a deposit on it and pending an inspection by a mechanic, I'm gonna buy it.

2012, 86k miles, 19K price tag. Its about 3-4k cheaper for a comparable Tundra, which is the other truck I was looking at, and doesn't seem to have much over the Titan other than the Toyota name and more aftermarket support.
Did you find a Pro-4X King Cab?

Tundras are good trucks. I am sure they are somehow better than a Titan, but my Titan has treated us super well in 12 years of ownership.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have an 06’ and it’s my second one, both I’ve put 200k miles on. Great trucks and I love them. With my second I have done all the work I wanted with my first, lift, upgrades and the works. One issue from 04’-15’ is the electrical system. Especially the 4x4 models. The main harness will melt and break wires throughout the truck. Usually above transmission and where it runs back above the exhaust. This can be mitigated early by adding shielding to the harness in a couple of places. But I just rewired my truck this weekend and replaced some connectors. Watch out for the electrical issues and headaches but with a heads up like this when you get tach/Speedo or sensor errors it can save you lots of money to check grounds and wiring before you have the dealership do a bunch of expensive work that isn’t necessary.

·
Registered
48 Posts

I thought about getting a Tundra before I got my Titan last year, But I personally think they don't drive that great for a truck. I have been more than happy with my PRO4X

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have an 06’ and it’s my second one, both I’ve put 200k miles on. Great trucks and I love them. With my second I have done all the work I wanted with my first, lift, upgrades and the works. One issue from 04’-15’ is the electrical system. Especially the 4x4 models. The main harness will melt and break wires throughout the truck. Usually above transmission and where it runs back above the exhaust. This can be mitigated early by adding shielding to the harness in a couple of places. But I just rewired my truck this weekend and replaced some connectors. Watch out for the electrical issues and headaches but with a heads up like this when you get tach/Speedo or sensor errors it can save you lots of money to check grounds and wiring before you have the dealership do a bunch of expensive work that isn’t necessary.
Glad you mentioned this, probably will take a peek at my harness at some point too. Anywhere else you've experienced issues with wiring?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks! If and when I get mine I will take a look at this and add some shielding unless the previous owner already did so.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I bought a 2015 Titan pro4x with 72k miles on it last year. So far I put 30k miles on it and have hauled my boat and utility trailer with no problem. This truck is a towing beast. The only problem I had with it was the heater control valve went out which was an easy fix.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I bought a 2011 SV 4X4 king cab about 6 months ago with 79K on it. Had to do both front wheel bearings under warranty and front struts and rear shocks and now I love it. The interior is perfect and it runs great. The exterior has a couple of dents but still looks good. Took me awhile to find a king cab but I got one.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts