Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering a 2017 Platinum Reserve 2WD. I stumbled across an ad for this titan a few days ago. Since then I have been in touch with the owner almost daily. The Titan has 66,000 original miles, the seller is the original owner. It is in excellent condition and has been meticulously maintained. Unfortunately the 5yr warranty expires this month. I have heard horror stories regarding the 2017 both with the engine and transmission. However, I can't find consistent information on either. Some people have this year model and have had zero issues. Other people have this year model and had to have the engine and/or the transmission replaced. It seems to be a flip of a coin type situation. The owner states that he has had no issues with the engine or transmission since he purchased it brand new. The truck has always been locally kept (north GA) and it's basically parked only because he is too busy to enjoy driving it. I personally don't care for heated/cooled seats, I just need reliability. We are expecting our second child at any point within the next month and I can't imagine being tied to a repair shop or having to spend several grand out of pocket if something major was to go wrong.

Is it worth the risk or am I over thinking it? Hopefully some actual 2017 owners can chime in with their experiences.

·
Registered
2017 titan sv 4x4 with tech, convinience, tow, navigation, and Texas packages
5,582 Posts
my 2017 has been great but i did get the engine changed, though it wasn't for the knocking issue some people have had. mine was for a low oil pressure issue and i am the only one i have seen like this. it got a new engine at something like 35k miles and i have 55k now. my transmission has been great, no weird shift issues.

i would take it and get the number 7 cylinder boroscoped so you know if the cylinder wall is scarred or scuffed which will lead to the wearing and knocking sound people have heard.

reliability wise, the truck will be reliable. even if it knocks, no one has had an engine stop running and some people have more miles that that one.

welcome to the site

1 - 3 of 3 Posts