Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious, out of the group how many are still considering and how many are waiting on theirs to come in.

Let us know why you want the Titan and what you are doing in the meantime to get by?

I know I was having problems waiting the two weeks once I made up my mind the the Titan was the truck for me. :crying:

·
Registered
74 Posts
www.durocab.com said:
Just curious, out of the group how many are still considering and how many are waiting on theirs to come in.

Let us know why you want the Titan and what you are doing in the meantime to get by?

I know I was having problems waiting the two weeks once I made up my mind the the Titan was the truck for me. :crying:
My order went in Jan. 7th and I'm still waiting!! Ever so IMpatiently. I was at the dealer yesterday. The Sales Manager and my salesman have been awesome. I should have it mid-March. 70Boss checked my order for me (thanks again) yesterday and I should have a VIN # this week.

This is complete torture!!!

I need to have a beer and keep watching the race!

·
Registered
647 Posts
www.durocab.com said:

Ordered mine 2 weeks ago. I should hear from my saleman at the end of the month to get a delivery date.

·
Registered
84 Posts
My truck was ordered this month and I am going crazy waiting for it. As far as what I am doing while waiting for it. I come on this web site and dream about my truck to be.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Definantly order, and wait!! Get exactly what you want, and make triple sure everything you want is on that truck before you sign that paper. Buying off lot is the biggest mistake 97% of buyers make. Good things come too those who wait. Remember that.. Good luck with your new purchase.

·
Registered
163 Posts
BudmanHemi said:
Definantly order, and wait!! Get exactly what you want, and make triple sure everything you want is on that truck before you sign that paper. Buying off lot is the biggest mistake 97% of buyers make. Good things come too those who wait. Remember that.. Good luck with your new purchase.
Great point. I almost settled for a different color than the one I wanted because it was on the lot. I know though that down the road I would have seen a smoke colored Titan and would have asked myself. "Darn, why didn't I just wait?"

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'm waiting because I am currently still trying to decide between the Titan and the Tundra. I went and test drove each this weekend again and I like the Titan's roominess, features, and power. I like the Tundra's quality of materials....it looks like a Lexus inside, while the Titan leaves me wondering whether its plastic interior will hold up. Right now, I am pretty much sold on the Titan and would go and order one if I could just convince myself that it will hold up over time.

I think it is good advice to order and get exactly what you want rather than having to settle for something on the lot.

·
Registered
108 Posts
You guys are scaring me! I haven't ordered yet and it's gonna be waterski season soon! :) What's the average turnaround time after ordering?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm waiting.

I'm waiting for some personal deals in the works to mature.

Waiting for the locking diff in April.

Waiting to see if the new mid size truck coming out might fit my needs better.

Waiting to see if Nissan offers discounts or finance incentives as sale flaten off mid season.

Waiting because the longer I drive my Frontier the more money I save.

Man I hate waiting

·
Super Moderator
34,511 Posts
Got Titan?

I was very fortunate.

I test drove a Titan on a Wednesday (at another dealership who wouldn't deal much) and owned one by Sunday.

The first dealer wanted $3000 over MSRP(!!!!!!!) in December, one week after the Titan came out. I "negotiated" for about an hour and then walked as they weren't going to go lower than $1100 under MSRP. :flamed:

I was really bummed because I knew I wanted that truck. :crying:

Adam Locke at Boardwalk Nissan in Redwood City located the Titan in the color I wanted (Smoke, what else?!) with all the options that I wanted at another dealership about 80 miles away. That dealership wanted a KC 4X4 that he had in stock, so early Sunday morning he drove the KC to them and picked up the CC for me. I picked it up that Sunday afternoon. He made me a good deal too, with a price I was happy with.

He went the extra 160 miles to make me a happy Titan owner exactly 2 weeks after the Titan went on the market! :jester:

Now that's service!!!! :thumbsup:

Oh yeah, the first Titan I test drove is still in the inventory at the "other" dealership. :bangit:

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Coolhand said:
You guys are scaring me! I haven't ordered yet and it's gonna be waterski season soon! :) What's the average turnaround time after ordering?
Coolhand.... I ordered mine on Dec.5th. and I took Delivery on Feb.10th... So two months and 5 days for me. From the day I ordered it. Not to bad of a wait I think, And was well worth it!!..I got exactly what I wanted. :)

·
Registered
134 Posts
dav8or said:
I'm waiting.

Waiting for the locking diff in April.
I'm impatiently waiting for that too :teethmast

Two other items have me concerned.

I have yet to see a KC or CC with side airbags without having the
Theatre system or the Nav system. I don't need or want either one
of those options. I've been tempted to just go get a LE now with
Offroad & Big tow but I'd really prefer the airbags & locking diff.
I guess I'll have to order at the end of March.

Also rising gas prices have me a little concerned.
At the end of the year my commute will go from 25mi a day
to 85mi a day.
That's making me waffle back to the Ram 2500 Cummins 4x4,
great motor with good gas mileage but small rear passenger area,
and it's a Dodge :teethmast

·
Registered
23 Posts
Crew Cab LE

cnatra said:
I'm impatiently waiting for that too :teethmast

Two other items have me concerned.

I have yet to see a KC or CC with side airbags without having the
Theatre system or the Nav system. I don't need or want either one
of those options. I've been tempted to just go get a LE now with
Offroad & Big tow but I'd really prefer the airbags & locking diff.
I guess I'll have to order at the end of March.

Also rising gas prices have me a little concerned.
At the end of the year my commute will go from 25mi a day
to 85mi a day.
That's making me waffle back to the Ram 2500 Cummins 4x4,
great motor with good gas mileage but small rear passenger area,
and it's a Dodge :teethmast
I saw a white LE Crew cab yesterday at the dealer (just arrived)with the off road and airbag package. No nav system or DVD. MSRP 37K

Motman

·
Registered
266 Posts
I thought the air bag package required the DVD setup?

Motman said:
I saw a white LE Crew cab yesterday at the dealer (just arrived)with the off road and airbag package. No nav system or DVD. MSRP 37K

Motman

·
Registered
74 Posts
mtbendo said:
Ordered mine 2 weeks ago. I should hear from my saleman at the end of the month to get a delivery date.
From my understanding it takes 60 to 90 days to get your truck from the order date. Unless they are able to re-route your exact truck. Otherwise, you'll be waiting longer than a few weeks.
70Boss is a dealer and can give you more specifics, but from everyone else who's ordered one on here and what my dealer as well as 70Boss it's been very consistent. 60-90 days. I hope that doesn't make you go as crazy as the rest of us who are still waiting.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm waiting...and still considering other trucks.

Could see myself getting an '05 Titan late Fall. Hope they add power to the bench seats and get rid of some of the restrictions for ordering the various packages. I'd really like to have Side Curtain Airbags in my next vehicle and I believe that requires the Captains Chairs as well.

Have an RX300 SUV right now and an '84 Toyota Pickup which I'm fixing up to keep me busy!

Enjoy your rides.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I ordered my Titan at the beginning of Feb. The dealer "promised" me the truck in mid march. The dealer promised a loaner vehicle (not a Titan) if my Titan wasn't in by mid-March, but my current vehicle (2000 Tundra) was sold.

My guess is, judging by the time it seems to take everyone to get an ordered vehicle in, I'll by driving that loaner, or just waiting to sell my Tundra until my Titan actually comes in.

I'm definitely really excited about my new Titan. Part of that is because I ordered exactly what I wanted this time around. When I bought my Tundra in '99, I bought it off of a lot.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Memphis4x4 said:
I'm waiting because I am currently still trying to decide between the Titan and the Tundra. I went and test drove each this weekend again and I like the Titan's roominess, features, and power. I like the Tundra's quality of materials....it looks like a Lexus inside, while the Titan leaves me wondering whether its plastic interior will hold up. Right now, I am pretty much sold on the Titan and would go and order one if I could just convince myself that it will hold up over time.

I think it is good advice to order and get exactly what you want rather than having to settle for something on the lot.

Memphis I'm curious about your comments on the Tundra's interior looking like a Lexus and the quality of it's materials. I'm not bashing the Tundra in any way and I really like the truck. But tap your finger on the dashboard. It's a very hard plastic that is very cheap feeling. At least the Titan has a "soft-touch" dashboard. I agree that the Titan's interior is a little cheap looking and feeling, but the Tundra's is just as cheap at least in the materials it uses. It might look better but that's a matter of opinion.

As far as ordering a Titan I am waiting to see what happens in terms of diesel offering. Right now I'm debating on whether to order a DuraMax or PowerStroke or wait it out and get a Tundra or Titan diesel. Not sure if either of the latter will offer a diesel but I think it's better than half the Tundra will.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts