Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, new to the forum and Titans. I am considering a '05 Titan LE 4x4 king cab with 51,000 miles on it. The original owner has it for sale for $12,500. Is this a good deal for me? How would you guys rate the reliability/durability of a Titan to other trucks in its class? I know they all have some known issues. I have been seeing a lot of posts about rear end and brake problems here. Are there after market parts to correct these issues.

TIA

-Marty

·
Premium Member
58,286 Posts
I have an 06 that came with the newer brakes. I never had a problem with the old brakes but I upgraded them because I pull a boat a lot. Check the manufacture date of the 05. Some came with upgraded brakes and some needed to have the upgrade done because of a recall. I'm not sure what the actual cut off date is for the newer brakes is but I'm sure someone will chime in with an answer. As far as the rear end goes some here have had problems but most have not. I have nearly 90K miles on my Titan and the only thing I have done to the rear end is change the oil. In fact the only thing I have ever had go wrong with my Titan is AM doesn't work in my radio and my tire pressure monitoring light is always on. It has been a very reliable truck.

Others will know more about the price for an 05 LE 4X4 but I'd say it is about average.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. The owner says that he purchased the truck in 06 as a left over so, I would assume that it was made later in the model year? I'm going to look at it this evening.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Sounds like a great deal to me! Welcome to titantalk.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
That is a fantastic deal. That's well below blue book on that truck. I'd jump on it if you want a Titan and have done your due diligence (clear title, carfax, etc).

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
Sounds like a pretty good deal.. make sure the rear axle seals are not leaking. That was my only problem with my 06 4x4... it happened twice in one year but was covered under warranty

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update. I met the owner and took the truck for a test drive. I'd say the condition was a 9 out of 10. It appears to have been well cared for, never off road, that will change, and it has never towed anything. The tires were almost new. No leaks at the rear axle seal. The owner would not negotiate the $12,500 price but I think it is worth it. It is surely the nicest truck for the money that I have found. I just ran a carfax and that came up clean. I'm go to meet him at my bank tomorrow and buy it! :)

·
Registered
368 Posts
Good Luck and that it definitely a good deal!

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
I don't blame the owner for not negotiating, that is a giveaway price. Congrats on a steal!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts