Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the Titans have a few problems... Cracked exhaust manifolds, axle seals, front diffs, coolant temp sensor, power steering hose, fuel level sensor is all I know of... Are there more? Have any of these issues been fixed yet for '11? I own a '06 Sentra Spec V that I bought new. Those cars came out in '02 and by '06 still had some of the same problems they had in '02. Hell, the engine was recalled and replaced before I could take it off the lot with 6 miles on it lol. I know how much of a headache I've had with this car with problems and recalls and I really don't want to have to go through all that again if nothing has been changed.

·
Premium Member
58,825 Posts
Coolant temp sensor and power steering hose? Buy a Chevy, Ford, Dodge, or Toyota. They don't have any problems.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
I wouldn't hesitate buying a 2011, even my 2005 has been pretty reliable, cracked manifolds at 30K but nothing has gone wrong in a couple years.

·
Registered
869 Posts
I'm really happy with my '11 and haven't experienced any of the known issues, at least not yet anyway. I've also noticed that some of the features on the '11 aren't in the prior years from what I can gather.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I know the Titans have a few problems... Cracked exhaust manifolds, axle seals, front diffs, coolant temp sensor, power steering hose, fuel level sensor is all I know of... Are there more? Have any of these issues been fixed yet for '11? I own a '06 Sentra Spec V that I bought new. Those cars came out in '02 and by '06 still had some of the same problems they had in '02. Hell, the engine was recalled and replaced before I could take it off the lot with 6 miles on it lol. I know how much of a headache I've had with this car with problems and recalls and I really don't want to have to go through all that again if nothing has been changed.
manifolds seem to be the only weak link, but nothing else, and my familys owned 05, 07, and 11 Titans. If you ever decide to buy, and are close to Yuma, AZ, I can help get you a good deal. I work at Sonora Nissan, and my uncle owns the place, so I can try and talk him into hooking you up. I know we even compete with other nissan dealerships within a few hundred miles. Hope you decide to join us here. Take care.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks. I guess headers would be in the future if I decide to buy this truck. I'm in Richmond, VA. The cheapest I found for a crew cab 4x4 SV was 27k. I am still looking.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Thanks. I guess headers would be in the future if I decide to buy this truck. I'm in Richmond, VA. The cheapest I found for a crew cab 4x4 SV was 27k. I am still looking.
I’d continue to look that’s too much I have a friend at work that bought a new Tundra for $33 k nothing fancy a work truck but it’s nice

1 - 9 of 9 Posts