Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 290 Posts

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is a little project I am working on to better consolidate/track all the differences performance mods make. I will keep a master excel spreadsheet of all of this. If anyone would like to update some of the info or add to it, either post it in this thread or pm it to me.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
GETSOMZ28 said:
Here is a little project I am working on to better consolidate/track all the differences performance mods make. I will keep a master excel spreadsheet of all of this. If anyone would like to update some of the info or add to it, either post it in this thread or pm it to me. It would be really helpful if the mod would like to sticky this.

Outstanding Z,

Great idea, nice to see all the info consolidated, you can add the Volant CAI to my list of mods, I'll advise as soon as the upcoming dyno is done. Hopefully I'll see typical gains of 15 to 20hp and up to 40 torque w/ the Volant as others have shown. That will put me close to the 300 rwhp barrier. Wonder who will be the first to break it with standard mods...

Still haven't made it to the track. I'm trying to get some fellow TT members to go that live close by. So far I've got a lead on two members...

Once again great work... :cheers:

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Great idea. I am still waiting for my Volant....aargh. It's been almost 2 wks. I'm also planning on another dyno after install, so I'll send it to ya.

Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Do my eyes deceive me or is Jet Tech dynoing 299rwhp and 365 torque.

That's about 373HP and 456 torque at the flywheel with 20% drive train loss. :eek2: Makes me want to get to the dyno sooner rather than later to see how much the Volant did for me as JT has the same setup as I. (As far as I know when he traded in his 2wd for 4wd he put the Gibson Extremes on and the Volant) Way to fly JT :cheers:

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Wow awesome collection. I can't believe 375HP average...

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
What the....

JT's last dyno that I recall after the Volant and Exh were like 282/345. Z's spread sheet shows a "coolant bypass" mod for JT. What is that? Does that attribute the diff in hp/tq numbers? Just curious.

Steve

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. The numbers were taken straight from the members posts. The coolant bypass, is just a tube to bypass the coolant from passing through the throttle body. I dont really see it making any difference (though in theory you should have a cooler intake charge).

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
GETSOMZ28 said:
Thanks guys. The numbers were taken straight from the members posts. The coolant bypass, is just a tube to bypass the coolant from passing through the throttle body. I dont really see it making any difference (though in theory you should have a cooler intake charge).
Sounds like JT's applying some of his trick jet airplane mods to the Titan :teethmast

Must have worked with those numbers :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
RockyMtnTitan said:
JT's last dyno that I recall after the Volant and Exh were like 282/345. Z's spread sheet shows a "coolant bypass" mod for JT. What is that? Does that attribute the diff in hp/tq numbers? Just curious.

Steve
I think those were his averaged numbers. I got the peak numbers straight off of his dyno graph.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
You can update mine in accordance with my sig. Thanks for keeping up with all of us!

I'm still not convinced that the truck is actually doing anything with more than the 50hp shot I usually run. My mph should be higher. Waiting for the Chevy guys to make a dyno day so I can jump on their discount.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Thanks for the explanation.

I've also been doing my own testing on flow improvements between the stock filter and K&N drop-in. I compiled results in cfm at idle, 3K, 4K, and 5K rpm. I'm waiting for the Volant, which I should have by next Mon/Tues, so I can test it as well, then I'll post all the results and Z can add them to the spreadsheet for anyone interested.

Steve

·
Registered
374 Posts
Off Topic

SORRY to jump off topic for a minute.

Finnattic,

I have accelerator on my dial up and have to refresh your avatar every time I log back in. BUT IT CRACKS ME UP. I enjoyed it so much I had to call my wife over to look at it. THANKS FOR THE LAUGH :jester: :jester: .

THANKS
ICE

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
ICE17N24 said:
SORRY to jump off topic for a minute.

Finnattic,

I have accelerator on my dial up and have to refresh your avatar every time I log back in. BUT IT CRACKS ME UP. I enjoyed it so much I had to call my wife over to look at it. THANKS FOR THE LAUGH :jester: :jester: .

THANKS
ICE
Too much big bouncing going on for the dial up to keep up huh :jester:

There's nothing like a set of...well I digress :teeth:

I'm glad you enjoy as much as I..., :cheers:

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
RockyMtnTitan said:
Thanks for the explanation.

I've also been doing my own testing on flow improvements between the stock filter and K&N drop-in. I compiled results in cfm at idle, 3K, 4K, and 5K rpm. I'm waiting for the Volant, which I should have by next Mon/Tues, so I can test it as well, then I'll post all the results and Z can add them to the spreadsheet for anyone interested.

Steve
Your worse than me on checking these mods... :teethmast

I can see you now, "It's, it's Alive." like the mad scientist :jester:

seriously let us know what you find out :cheers:

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Finnattic said:
Your worse than me on checking these mods... :teethmast

I can see you now, "It's, it's Alive." like the mad scientist :jester:

seriously let us know what you find out :cheers:
Yeah, it's not like I'd go out and buy an anemometer just to test flow differentials.......but, since I already have one that I use for work, figured what the hek. Mama always taught me to share!! :cheers:
Just heard from socalmotorsports.....looks like the volant will be here by this weekend. :blueblob: So hopefully, I'll have time to install, then do flow tests with the volant after ecu reset and couple days of drivin the poo poo out of it! Then I'll post results from all 3 intake/filter setups. I'll be really surprised if the volant doesn't show an increase in flow over the K&N drop-in.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
RockyMtnTitan said:
Yeah, it's not like I'd go out and buy an anemometer just to test flow differentials.......but, since I already have one that I use for work, figured what the hek. Mama always taught me to share!! :cheers:
Just heard from socalmotorsports.....looks like the volant will be here by this weekend. :blueblob: So hopefully, I'll have time to install, then do flow tests with the volant after ecu reset and couple days of drivin the poo poo out of it! Then I'll post results from all 3 intake/filter setups. I'll be really surprised if the volant doesn't show an increase in flow over the K&N drop-in.
I think it's great, all the scientific, real proof comparison test such as you using your anemometer, our accelerometers and the dynos, ect. It's educational for others and proof that these mods help or hurt in different areas.

Just like when I originally posted my 0 to 60 times averaging out at around in the mid 6's and I got flamed. There's no way a 4wd that weighs over 5000lbs can do that with our engines rated at 305crank HP and 379 torque,ect. Then TruckTrend lowers the Titans 0 to 60 to 6.7 and my results suddenly don't seem so far fetched anymore considering my dyno results w/ the exhaust mod before the Volant. About 400 torque and 340 at the crank. You have seen JT's dyno at almost 300 rwhp(370 at crank) with the same mods as me. Man I'm telling you the Volant or air intake and a good exhaust makes a difference with the Endurance that not only you can feel but shows up at the dyno and the track. The Heads into the hi 14's without NOS so I believe my accelerometer is on to something. I don't see too many people comming on flamming anymore at these claims since myself, you, Jet Tech , Head, Z and others have taken the time and given EVIDENCE substantiating our claims. Granted I've been dying to go the the track to confirm my 1/4 and the weekend I get a chance it shuts down for the season. :crying:

Once again in the interest of seeing what the Volant mod did I'll be dynoing hopefully this SAT. Some w/ the Volant and exhaust have what I had before the addition of the Volant so I think I'll be close to Jet Tech hopefully and be in the 360 to 370 crank HP and above 450 torque with the same mods. Then again maybe not, we shall see. Keep up the good work and thanks for taking the time testing.

Mike

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Finnattic said:
I think it's great, all the scientific, real proof comparison test such as you using your anemometer, our accelerometers and the dynos, ect. It's educational for others and proof that these mods help or hurt in different areas.

Just like when I originally posted my 0 to 60 times averaging out at around in the mid 6's and I got flamed. There's no way a 4wd that weighs over 5000lbs can do that with our engines rated at 305crank HP and 379 torque,ect. Then TruckTrend lowers the Titans 0 to 60 to 6.7 and my results suddenly don't seem so far fetched anymore considering my dyno results w/ the exhaust mod before the Volant. About 400 torque and 340 at the crank. You have seen JT's dyno at almost 300 rwhp(370 at crank) with the same mods as me. Man I'm telling you the Volant or air intake and a good exhaust makes a difference with the Endurance that not only you can feel but shows up at the dyno and the track. The Heads into the hi 14's without NOS so I believe my accelerometer is on to something. I don't see too many people comming on flamming anymore at these claims since myself, you, Jet Tech , Head, Z and others have taken the time and given EVIDENCE substantiating our claims. Granted I've been dying to go the the track to confirm my 1/4 and the weekend I get a chance it shuts down for the season. :crying:

Once again in the interest of seeing what the Volant mod did I'll be dynoing hopefully this SAT. Some w/ the Volant and exhaust have what I had before the addition of the Volant so I think I'll be close to Jet Tech hopefully and be in the 360 to 370 crank HP and above 450 torque with the same mods. Then again maybe not, we shall see. Keep up the good work and thanks for taking the time testing.

Mike
What's funny is that even with real world testing, some people still don't believe the results. I just try to have the attitude that I'm doing this for myself and those that do care......and I have no problem sharing the results, good, bad or whatever, even if it means getting flamed by the "I told you so's" of the world. I think members are more likely to believe results from a fellow member over the obviously over-inflated results from an aftermarket manufacturer whose only interest is in selling the crap out of their product.

Can't wait to see your dyno results from the Volant!

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I'm late to this thread...

One of the things I can monitor on the CANscan is the airflow at the meter. I was also going to look at the flow of the stock air filter vs. the K&N drop-in (I have the inner tube cut out of my box) and then hopefully do the Volant.

1 - 20 of 290 Posts