Nissan Titan Forum banner

241 - 260 of 290 Posts

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Went to the track last night for the first time with all my new stuff on the truck. My best run of the night was a 14.32 @ 93.93. I think I could've done a little better if I had more time. I was fooling around with tire pressure all night and found out 20psi worked well for my street tires. Too bad I found this out with only 1 hour of time left. Another Titan was out there and the only difference between him and I was his ram air and truetrac. He made a 13.7x pass. Wish I had Truetrac!!!
Yea that one wheel peel is killing you! What was your 60' time and what was the DA? Good times no matter though!

·
Registered
8,408 Posts
You must be talking about christenayuca on CT. I give him a lot of credit, i know he ran a 13.7 toady!

Go's to show dyno #'s & track times are 2 different thing's. The VVT VK56 definitely has an advantage over the non--VVT VK56 in it's non-cammed state! His '07 trapped 1mph higher than me & 2 tenth's faster! He also has 2.25" B-Pipes & mine are stock. I think with a set of Berk Tech B-Pipes & a _DA, i can hit a 13.7 or better too. :)

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
You must be talking about christenayuca on CT. I give him a lot of credit, i know he ran a 13.7 toady!

Go's to show dyno #'s & track times are 2 different thing's. The VVT VK56 definitely has an advantage over the non--VVT VK56 in it's non-cammed state! His '07 trapped 1mph higher than me & 2 tenth's faster! He also has 2.25" B-Pipes & mine are stock. I think with a set of Berk Tech B-Pipes & a _DA, i can hit a 13.7 or better too. :)
And he ran that with JBA headers, S&B CAI and stock 07 pipes which are 2-2.125" OD.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts

Yea I just saw that over at CT. I was excited for him to hit that 13.7 because I know he was getting frustrated about running those 14.0 passes. He PM'd me and told me all he did to get there was swap out the spintech's for 2 14" magnaflows. I've said it all along, Any chambered muffler just sucks AZZ!! He gained .3 by taking them off, what's that say about chambered Chit? LOL

·
Registered
5,522 Posts

·
Registered
6,823 Posts

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
No...........
Damn! Titanss runs 13.6's with 07 pipes........hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Man I'm glad I got those 2.5" bpipes off. Seems like all the guys that have 2.5" bpipes and uprev run only low 14's. All the guys that run high 13's have stock or 2.25" b-pipes. Hell you run 14.6's with 2.2 60' times and your running stock b's right? If you could launch in 4wd like me you'd run 14.1 or 14.2.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Damn! Titanss runs 13.6's with 07 pipes........hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Man I'm glad I got those 2.5" bpipes off. Seems like all the guys that have 2.5" bpipes and uprev run only low 14's. All the guys that run high 13's have stock or 2.25" b-pipes. Hell you run 14.6's with 2.2 60' times and your running stock b's right? If you could launch in 4wd like me you'd run 14.1 or 14.2.
Yeah all stock B pipes and cats. If I could get a 2.0 60', I should run in the 14.3's in a great DA.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Yea that one wheel peel is killing you! What was your 60' time and what was the DA? Good times no matter though!
Thanks man! My 60' was 2.04 and DA was between -810 and -820. The whole day was constant on/off raining in Houston so I was a little worried about the rain in Baytown. Luckily it cleared up!

Yes! I didn't want to destroy the name while trying to figure out how to spell it haha. Yeah we talked a little bit and had show n' tell. Real cool guy!

Yea I just saw that over at CT. I was excited for him to hit that 13.7 because I know he was getting frustrated about running those 14.0 passes. He PM'd me and told me all he did to get there was swap out the spintech's for 2 14" magnaflows. I've said it all along, Any chambered muffler just sucks AZZ!! He gained .3 by taking them off, what's that say about chambered Chit? LOL
It seemed like he was a little frustrated with his passes. When I saw, he was making consistent 13.8-13.9 passes. Then I saw that 13.7 and was pretty happy for him! He wanted to go to San Antonio too but it had been raining too much there.

Dang. Now I want to switch to 2.25 b-pipes. Probably 07 pipes. What would be cheapest? Or what would benefit me most? I was data logging at the track as well and took my best runs and sent them to uprev and they said I am still running way too rich.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Thanks man! My 60' was 2.04 and DA was between -810 and -820. The whole day was constant on/off raining in Houston so I was a little worried about the rain in Baytown. Luckily it cleared up!

Yes! I didn't want to destroy the name while trying to figure out how to spell it haha. Yeah we talked a little bit and had show n' tell. Real cool guy!

It seemed like he was a little frustrated with his passes. When I saw, he was making consistent 13.8-13.9 passes. Then I saw that 13.7 and was pretty happy for him! He wanted to go to San Antonio too but it had been raining too much there.

Dang. Now I want to switch to 2.25 b-pipes. Probably 07 pipes. What would be cheapest? Or what would benefit me most? I was data logging at the track as well and took my best runs and sent them to uprev and they said I am still running way too rich.
You ran those times with 20's, 2.5" bpipes, and running rich. Some Titans love the 2.5" b-pipes, mine hated them w/out headers or cams. You might be o.k with them. Be interesting if you did get 2.25" b's what times you'd run. Your for sure a 13 second truck with a little better 60' time and if you get that AFR leaned up a little.

What's your truck weigh with you in it?

Are you able to go WOT from a dead stop or do you have to feather it still?

·
Registered
451 Posts
You ran those times with 20's, 2.5" bpipes, and running rich. Some Titans love the 2.5" b-pipes, mine hated them w/out headers or cams. You might be o.k with them. Be interesting if you did get 2.25" b's what times you'd run. Your for sure a 13 second truck with a little better 60' time and if you get that AFR leaned up a little.

What's your truck weigh with you in it?

Are you able to go WOT from a dead stop or do you have to feather it still?
Hmmmm... Yeah I was in full street trim.

Well I have not weighed my truck with me in it. I don't even know of a place I could do that at.

I have to feather it BIG time! That's what kills me at the track. And being an hour away from the track it's hard to go down there all the time. I might have to try this 1/8 that's a little closer just so I can work on my launches. I shift myself just so that I can get out of of the gas if my tires start breaking loose so that it doesn't shift itself.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Hmmmm... Yeah I was in full street trim.

Well I have not weighed my truck with me in it. I don't even know of a place I could do that at.

I have to feather it BIG time! That's what kills me at the track. And being an hour away from the track it's hard to go down there all the time. I might have to try this 1/8 that's a little closer just so I can work on my launches. I shift myself just so that I can get out of of the gas if my tires start breaking loose so that it doesn't shift itself.
Your truck isn't a 4x4?

·
Registered
451 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hey guys, just got back from the track with jpac811. First time at the 1/4 with my T and I was able to get it down to a 14.65. I'm pretty stoked about this truck and I'm sooo glad I didn't buy a Tundra... Because I beat one... :)

2011 SV CC 4X4
NISMO CAI
MagnaFlow Catback
4X4 launch
87 octane

Now I just need a BDGT!:redblob"

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Hey guys, just got back from the track with jpac811. First time at the 1/4 with my T and I was able to get it down to a 14.65. I'm pretty stoked about this truck and I'm sooo glad I didn't buy a Tundra... Because I beat one... :)

2011 SV CC 4X4
NISMO CAI
MagnaFlow Catback
4X4 launch
87 octane

Now I just need a BDGT!:redblob"
Damn good times!! 4x4 launch is like no other. There are some T's putting down some great times as of late, launching in 4wd. That's what I do and have over 200 times:) With a BDGT your looking at 14.30's all day! If your planning on getting headers get Uprev instead of a BDGT. I gained .2 over the BDGT when I got Uprev before I got headers. Getting Uprev or the BDGT you will knock that 60' time down to a 2.05 or better due to the WOT restriction to 15mph.

·
Registered
8,408 Posts
Congrat's! That's a really good time for your mod's! Those newer T's are quick!
Looking forward to seeing the video! :)

I might try to hit the 1/8 mile track on Wed. We shall see...

·
Registered
8,408 Posts
Very nice!!! You dropped your 60' & that helped you out a lot! Congrats!!! :)

What did you do different this time?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Thanks! The main difference between the 14.65 to the 14.42 was the BDGT and gutted rear cats. I feel that with less fuel (was over a quarter tank) and more time to let the engine cool down between runs, I could have dipped into the 14.3's

Next time I get to go to the track will be in GA, and it should be with headers, UpRev, and cams.... I wanna do the whole shabang all at once. It's more fun that way. :)

241 - 260 of 290 Posts