Nissan Titan Forum banner

261 - 280 of 290 Posts

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
awesome times bro. You got a quick truck. Im telling you, if you take out your rear seats, passenger seat, tools, jack, spare, and tailgate, you might hit 14.1x with the same mods you have now. Did you do any weight reduction like the last time we both went? Im running 12s consistently now in the Mustang with atrocious 3000+ DA. Imagine what it would run up there!!

·
Registered
165 Posts
I did the exact same weight reduction we did last time. Just the general stuff, tail gate, tools, tire, baby seats. I almost took the seats out but decided to be lazy... Haha

Once I get the cams, headers and uprev, I'll take it to the track with ALL the fat trimmed. Shoot, I just might take the doors off... Haha

I think the end result, after thousands of dollars, is to get this fat 4 door 4X4 into the 13's. Then I'll be happy...

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
I did the exact same weight reduction we did last time. Just the general stuff, tail gate, tools, tire, baby seats. I almost took the seats out but decided to be lazy... Haha

Once I get the cams, headers and uprev, I'll take it to the track with ALL the fat trimmed. Shoot, I just might take the doors off... Haha

I think the end result, after thousands of dollars, is to get this fat 4 door 4X4 into the 13's. Then I'll be happy...
lol decided to be lazy, funny man. Well with all the fat trimmed and the mods you will get, your going to be pretty damn quick. You will be a red blur going past people lol

BTW, your stang is gettin nasty dude. I want a ride in that thang!
By the years end, it will have blower cams, intercooler, bigger injectors, 3in cowl induction hood, track only rear rims and drag radials and dyno tune by BBR. It will be a nice ride by than.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
My new PB is 13.84 @ 96mph:) I've set the bar for 4X4 Titans:) Come get it boys!! LOL

Hey Gizmo, PM me if you want some track tips:) We can get you down another .3 at least. First step is getting you a Airaid 4" CAI. It's worth .2 over your current CAI. 13's are within reach right now w/out cams.

·
Registered
8,408 Posts
Congrats DS! That's a hell of a good time!!! :)

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Hopefully I'll have some new track times after the 28th to beat my [email protected] The DA should be better than last time and I have my MXP intake now.

·
Registered
8,408 Posts
:redblob":redblob":redblob" WOW! This is a good thread! Worthy of being brought back from the dead! :redblob":redblob":redblob"

There's been a lot of new PB's set recently!!! Gotta love TT for bringing us all together & sharing the art of making pigs fly!!!! LOL :rockon

My new'est PB run:

My Dragtimes Page for the run: http://www.dragtimes.com/Nissan-Titan-Timeslip-23743.html

Here's the only video that was salvageable from my girls phone, its really short... Next time i'll know what settings to use, this time was trial & error.
Bradenton Motor Park 12_17_11 :: video-2011-12-17-16-55-44.mp4 video by tat2titan - Photobucket

·
Registered
24 Posts
My new PB is 13.84 @ 96mph:) I've set the bar for 4X4 Titans:) Come get it boys!! LOL

Hey Gizmo, PM me if you want some track tips:) We can get you down another .3 at least. First step is getting you a Airaid 4" CAI. It's worth .2 over your current CAI. 13's are within reach right now w/out cams.
So i take i the airaid is the best flowing CAI on a T?

·
Registered
982 Posts

·
Registered
8,408 Posts
Sounds like your truck bogs a bit on the 1-2 shift?

·
Registered
982 Posts

Not great but my best so far without traction

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
8,408 Posts
Oh yeah i hate when that happens...

That's why its better to shift it manually sometimes! :eyebrow:

·
Registered
982 Posts
Same times better speed with the new exhaust. If I install tru trac wats the normal 1/8 1/4 gains in time

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm all Titan as I've spent much money on mods minus that big super charger leap. Is this the best truck for moving forward with the best track times. I'm not feeling negative, just really asking this question. I don't know where to go with my truck besides making it look pretty with bigger tires for traction. I'm looking for honesty if I should change trucks or do something different.

Also, I apologize if I don't have time to read this entire forum. I'm active Army and am kept quite busy with liberals, lack of funding, and potential threats.

Thanks again for dialing me in.

Cordially,

Aaron

·
Registered
8,408 Posts
For a start it would help if you listed all the mods you already have in your sig.

DO NOT BUY A STILLEN SUPERCHARGER!!!! :teethmast

Keep you Titan Naturally Aspirated & go with a Custom Up/Rev Tune, a set of JWT Cams, a Built Level10 Trans!!! :redblob"

WAY BETTER TRACK TIMES & WAY MORE RELIABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Took her off road and for a performance test. Awesome approach angle!!!!!!
0-60ft 2.1s
0-60mph 6.8s
1/8mi [email protected]
1/4mi [email protected]

Note: speed adjusted on BDGT 8% due to 33"(stock) vs 34"(installed) tires. distance not adjusted so distance time trials are high, speeds in distance are also high (i.e., maybe 1/4mi is 12.1 at 81mph). Full tank gas, 16g premium mixed with remainder of 87, rail mounted box, oh and a full set of struts for my sons ford five hundred in the back seat.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Here is a little project I am working on to better consolidate/track all the differences performance mods make. I will keep a master excel spreadsheet of all of this. If anyone would like to update some of the info or add to it, either post it in this thread or pm it to me.
I have a small (big|) issue to tune out. But motor wise I think I got a Tuesday Build. When I have it Trust ME. I will share.

261 - 280 of 290 Posts