Nissan Titan Forum banner
61 - 80 of 290 Posts

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
wow, those numbers are impressive eric!!!

just wait till you get some boost with that nos. you should be able to get 425 hp at the rear wheels...assuming nothing breaks!!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Here are my track times for my stock '04 KC Titan:
1st run - 15.583 @ 89.12MPH
2nd run - 15.418 @ 89.01MPH
3rd run - 15.620 @ 88.44MPH

First time on the track, won't be the last :)

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction Titan4x4Aggie.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I did 2 runs on the motor and 2 on the nitrous. It may have been putting out more on the nitrous but he was letting off the button at about 5500 rpm or maybe a bit sooner.

You've asked that before :) it is a single nozzle wet system. I use NOS parts (cheap and they work). No links at this time, I'm kinda webpage stupid.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
hail108 said:
Here are my track times for my stock '04 KC Titan:
1st run - 15.583 @ 89.12MPH
2nd run - 15.418 @ 89.01MPH
3rd run - 15.620 @ 88.44MPH

First time on the track, won't be the last :)

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction Titan4x4Aggie.
Hey not bad at all! Yeah the strip is the place to mash the GO pedal for sure. Looks like someone lit up the tires on that 3rd run in the other lane :D

:clap:

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Titan4x4Aggie said:
wow, those numbers are impressive eric!!!

just wait till you get some boost with that nos. you should be able to get 425 hp at the rear wheels...assuming nothing breaks!!!
Well I did a couple with it on there.

The scary thing is that I thought it was just about 50hp so I have tried several times to stuff more into it. A lot more. But the engine managed to save itself just fine. So I'm a lucky person to say the least. My jetting was based on well known jet sizes so it wasn't like I was shooting in the dark. So needless to say these engines love the nitrous - I'm getting almost 100hp off of 50hp jets. Awesome. At least now I can jet down a bit and see if it picks up some ET from less detonation (if there is any).

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
the head said:
Well I did a couple with it on there.

The scary thing is that I thought it was just about 50hp so I have tried several times to stuff more into it. A lot more. But the engine managed to save itself just fine. So I'm a lucky person to say the least. My jetting was based on well known jet sizes so it wasn't like I was shooting in the dark. So needless to say these engines love the nitrous - I'm getting almost 100hp off of 50hp jets. Awesome. At least now I can jet down a bit and see if it picks up some ET from less detonation (if there is any).
Eric, have you considered adding something like this to your setup? Would allow you to run more timing w/o detonation, especially when you run in the summer. Seems reasonably priced to me.

http://www.snowperformance.net/proddetail.asp?prod=auto010

·
Registered
96 Posts

K&N dropin
Flowmaster exaust

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Update with all numbers!

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
I don't have a scanner, so I'll tell you what I dyno'd today with my stock Titan. I will give the graphs to my buddy to scan for me.

3rd gear
Absolute barometric pressure: 29.36 in. Hg.
Vapor pressure: 0.081 in. Hg.
Intake air temp: 54.3 F
Gear Ratio: 49.34 RPM/MPH
Correction Factor: 0.97 SAE

267.01 hp
339.10 Torque

·
Registered
41 Posts
First let me say thanks!!!

GETSOMZ28 said:
Update with all numbers!
GETSOMZ28,

Are the time listed in the 9's and 10's those that are running at a 1/8th mile track or ? Just trying to find out. AWESOME effort on tracking all of this and keeping it up to date constantly.
:cheers: ,

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 · (Edited)
tightun said:
GETSOMZ28,

Are the time listed in the 9's and 10's those that are running at a 1/8th mile track or ? Just trying to find out. AWESOME effort on tracking all of this and keeping it up to date constantly.
:cheers: ,
Correct. :cheers:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Went to the local 1/8th mile track this past Friday for fun. The timeslip is as follows:

2.2521 -- 60 ft
6.4469 -- 330 ft
9.9023 -- 1/8 mi et
70.67 -- 1/8 mi mph

BONE STOCK, no mods, 3k miles on the motor. How does that stack up against other stockers?

Thanks
Peter

·
Registered
96 Posts
1/8 mile

I have a best of 9.705 at 73.12

61 - 80 of 290 Posts