Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done this? I really like the Nissan Titan but can't afford one with all the bells and whistles. I wouldn't mind buying one now and doing this conversion down the road if its possible. Thoughts???

·
Registered
6,067 Posts
Haven't heard of anyone doing this, but it seems as though going from column to console would be easier than the other way around.

·
Registered
285 Posts
With all the additional money you would spend on components to change to floor shift, you should just purchase a Titan with console shift. You would need to change out, at a minimum, the steering column and wire harness.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Someone did this conversion on an f150 and it got me to thinking about Titans. The only thing they did on the steering column was remove the shift lever and buy new covers. Of course they did have to do some wiring mods. The f150 has two different dashes depending on where the shifter is from the factory, but it looks like Nissan uses the same dash regardless so I thought it might be a little easier.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
I can see thinking about it if we had a manual trans, but with an automatic, I think it's a waste of time and money.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats your right to think that, and thats cool...But I would much rather have the shifter on the console than column, but I see better deals on the trucks that don't come that way. Plus it would be fun to do the conversion.

·
Registered
6,067 Posts
I think your money would be better spent elsewhere. Are you planning on swapping in the exact same Nissan Console shifter or converting it to a Hurst, B&M or Lokar type of unit???

I can understand doing it if your gonna make a custom console with an aftermarket shifter, but if you are doing it just because you want the Nissan center console and shifter, then you should have just bought a truck that came equipped with it.

P.S. You shouldn't have to swap steering columns.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I didn't even buy the truck yet...and no I am not going to do any upgrades. I simply wanted to know if it has been done or could be done. I guess not...

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
I didn't even buy the truck yet...and no I am not going to do any upgrades. I simply wanted to know if it has been done or could be done. I guess not...
It would be a mess...IF you want a console shifter( I love mine...) then get a truck with one already there.
I see this all the time, guys who want something on their truck but think it's going to be cheaper to try and do it themselves later...NOT! :upsidedow

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
Just buy a used Titan, don't waste your time and money on converting and messing up a perfectly good working truck.

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
Congrats on the new/used Titan you're getting soon, let us know, and remind us it is you!

·
Registered
190 Posts
baseballfanz said:
Outside of all the things already mentioned, the Titan use different TCM (transmission control module) for console shifter than they do for column shifter. The TCM is located inside the tranny itself and run about $3K:D

Holly ****!!! Nuff said. :huh:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts