Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 Titan CC XE can I upgrade to the Big tow mirrors easily? I want to covert them to power, and I was wondering in later models if there is already a connector behind the door panel? What would I need to complete this install. Thanks for the help!

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
I have a 2010 Titan CC XE can I upgrade to the Big tow mirrors easily? I want to covert them to power, and I was wondering in later models if there is already a connector behind the door panel? What would I need to complete this install. Thanks for the help!
I have an 05 XE with BT mirror. Pre wiring is only on the 4wd XE and SE models. i will have my BT heated mirrors working by this weekend. pm me if you have any questions.

·
Registered
266 Posts
If I am not mistaken, if you are installing heated big tow mirrors on a Titan that did not come with the heated option, the connectors will be a different size and you will have to pre-wire. However, if the big tow mirrors have the same options as what you truck came with, you will be just fine. I upgraded my 2006 SE 2WD small mirrors to big tow mirrors a few years back, I have been in love with them ever since. Once you unscrew your small mirrors, it is simple plug and play. The only problem I had was scrapping off the left over adhesive left by the small mirror backing. LOL Other than that, easy money. Good luck and it will change the look for your Titan for the better.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I am not mistaken, if you are installing heated big tow mirrors on a Titan that did not come with the heated option, the connectors will be a different size and you will have to pre-wire. However, if the big tow mirrors have the same options as what you truck came with, you will be just fine. I upgraded my 2006 SE 2WD small mirrors to big tow mirrors a few years back, I have been in love with them ever since. Once you unscrew your small mirrors, it is simple plug and play. The only problem I had was scrapping off the left over adhesive left by the small mirror backing. LOL Other than that, easy money. Good luck and it will change the look for your Titan for the better.
Thanks again, and if you are a Marine, Semper Fi!!

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
I have an 05 XE with BT mirror. Pre wiring is only on the 4wd XE and SE models. i will have my BT heated mirrors working by this weekend. pm me if you have any questions.
huh? i have an LE 4x4 w/BT heated mirrors.

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
I already know that the power controls work, but does the heat option work ?

Thanks for the help, where would you recommend I get the mirrors from?
ebay or craigslist

Try Courtesy nissan parts online
too expensive, same parts from the same company is cheaper on bay. about 90 dollar difference

huh? i have an LE 4x4 w/BT heated mirrors.
My reply was for Dczimmerman. I'm sure the LE 4x4 models a prewired for everything. You added BT mirrors correct? Does the heat option work? Dczimmerman and I have entry level titan which come with no prewiring which requires custom work.

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
My reply was for Dczimmerman. I'm sure the LE 4x4 models a prewired for everything. You added BT mirrors correct? Does the heat option work? Dczimmerman and I have entry level titan which come with no prewiring which requires custom work.
oh, i thought u meant only the XE and SE had them.

my mirrors came with the truck. i got it used in december. I have the BT package so everything works. If you have the heated mirrors now, then it will work because its wired threw the climate control. If you dont im not sure. Call a stealership up and ask them for a part # on the electrical connector for big tow heated mirrors, and whatever you have. if its the same it probably works

·
Registered
266 Posts
Thanks again, and if you are a Marine, Semper Fi!!
Staff Sergeant of Marines baby... Yes sir.

Semper Fidelis.

"Always Faithful and Always Forward"

·
Registered
14 Posts
I really want to swap for BT mirrors also. My 04 LE standard mirrors are power, heat and memory(<---I think). Will any BT mirror fit or do I need to look for specific features?

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
they will mount right up

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
not sure. check out the company that makes the mirrors you're looking at and see how long they have been around and their return policy just incase your not happy with the fit. I would honestly spend the extra money and get OEM parts because everything will work and you the fit will be perfect. You can even find them on here for sale

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have a 2011 titan pro4x with power mirrors only. I want to upgrade to the tow mirrors and I was curious what all was involved for my model? The dealer is willing to do it for "a ballpark" of 315.00 plus 470.00 for the kit. I have found mirrors for 100.00 a piece and I figure I can do it myself if its not to major. Thanks in advanced for any help or advice!

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
Search the DIY area. There might be a write up there on how to do the swap

·
Registered
642 Posts
I have the small mirrors with no power or anything. Can i swap them for BT mirrors. I dont need to have the power options i just want the BT look... or is it hard to wire them to be power and heated and all that good stuff?

·
Registered
141 Posts
They will bolt up fine but the wiring will be tricky. If you want the power options you will have to first see if its standard on your model titan. If it is you only have to run the wiring to the control module. If not then you would need a control module with the options you want. I personally would just bolt them on and leave it at that. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
642 Posts
Yeah thanks man. I really don't mind having non power mirrors as it is right now

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 20 of 24 Posts