Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I opened my hood yesterday to make sure all of connections/fittings on my Nismo CAI were good and saw coolant had sprayed everywhere. I know this was a problem on 2004 - 2007 Titans where the radiator cap needed to be replaced, but has this been reported on the newer Titans? Would this be covered under the 60,000 warranty?

For me, picking up a cap from O'Reilly's is way more convenient than going to the stealership. Will a cap from them work?

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
For some reason, when Autozone and O'Reilly's searched for the radiator cap only the reservoir cap came up.

I ended up buying a 2003-2004 350Z radiator cap with a spring loaded gasket, and it seems to have solved the issue. The Titan caps are junk.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
You should not be running a spring loaded radiator cap.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I have been running the Nismo cap since I got mine and zero problems what so ever.

·
Premium Member
37,152 Posts
I have an 08 with 44k miles. Just had to replace the radiator, radiator cap and two of the transmission fluid lines that run through the radiator.

·
Premium Member
37,152 Posts
Oh and I had to buy the cap from Nissan because none of the local autopart stores carried them either. $25 for a damn radiator cap.

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
I had the same problem, coolant spraying all over the place, and it looked like it was coming from the Radiator Cap, (05 btw), and so i went to the stealer and got one for $20. :eek2: It ended up not fixing the problem, it was the tube runing right underneath the cap. The tube was split and the clamp was SH*T. So i just cut the tube some, and put a hose clamp on and tightened the sh*t down as hard as i could. And no more coolant all over :teethmast.

Also, the stealer wouldn't take the cap back, even though it was never used, and i only took it out of the packaging. (Now i have a $20 radiator cap sitting in my garage, collecting dust)

·
Registered
766 Posts
Would this be covered under the 60,000 warranty?

Answer is yes. Same thing happened to me and I had mine replaced under warranty. As it was said earlier, spring loaded is a no no.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
After reading all of the posts about the rad failing after using the spring loaded caps, I decided to remove the spring on the cap I just got.

Unfortunately, the modified new cap didn't work either. I just went for a drive and there is new coolant all over the engine.

Is the Nismo cap spring loaded?

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I ended up bending the tabs on the factory cap, and so far so good. The $30 Nismo cap is my last resort.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts