Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just need a quick answer.. The other day I drove the Bronco around so the Titan had been sitting for at least 30 hours in the garage. Plenty of time to cool down. I am undergoing the process of moving so I've been replacing sensors and doing checks on both my trucks getting ready for the big haul.

So I went to check the brake fluid, coolant, oil, tranny and I noticed with the coolant, the reservoir was completly empty. So i went to go open the radiator cap and as it started to get loose, I heard a lot of air either going in or out. Closed it back up right away. Loosend the cap on the resevoir and same thing, heard straight air rushing either in or out.

Now is this normal? I have never had that with any car/truck I've owned or checked on. Each car is different however. And I don't remember hearing air rush by last time I had my radiator problem..

Thanks guys!

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
...anyone?

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
The radiator is pressurized after running, but not usually after being parked.....

Though, I could be wrong!! :D

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I know it is durring its time while running..that's what has me so confused.

I don't want to open it, add coolant, and all the sudden I'm starting to over heat all the time. Kinda like, if it's not broke, don't fix it deal.

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
If it's low, you need to put coolant in it!!

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know! But who knows how long it has been like this..and it doesn't overheat now. Dunno how it'll do when towing a trailer though lol

·
Premium Member
...08 Pro4X...
71,957 Posts
Wasn't there a thread about someones radiator hose getting flat when the truck cools? Maybe a pressure cap issue?? Pulling too much of a vacuum??

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
Wow!!! NVM!!

Do what you want!!

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Never heard something about radiator hose going flat.. I'll search it though. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Never heard something about radiator hose going flat.. I'll search it though. Thanks!
do you have coolent sprayed or leaking from themetal cap? I know theere was a big issue with faulty ones being warrentied. Make sure it is sealing too. If air gets in the system and you are loosing pressure the temp will go up (the dummy gauge isnt that accurate).
Only other way it would be low is if you had a blown head gasket. Highly doubt that.

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
do you have coolent sprayed or leaking from themetal cap? I know theere was a big issue with faulty ones being warrentied. Make sure it is sealing too. If air gets in the system and you are loosing pressure the temp will go up (the dummy gauge isnt that accurate).
Only other way it would be low is if you had a blown head gasket. Highly doubt that.
Well there is a very small, very very small leak from the hose right where the radiator cap is. So small I highly doubt this is related to my air question.

The cap is good I assume. There is pressure and the temp guage never goes past the normal mark, and I drive hard too. The upper radiator hose is stiff when the truck is running/warm and when cool the hose has some play in it.

After sitting for 30 hours and to barley open the cap, I'm sure all the seals are good if air is rushing in/out of the system.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts