Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had a coolant leak so I thought at over flow hose at rad cap. I bought new rad cap and hose to recovery tank.. but still leaked. So at idle no leak from cap or hose. But had my son set on the throttle and at high rpms the coolant is coming out the rad cap. Can anyone tell me what the issue is so I can fix. Truck does not leak coolant anywhere else, no coolant in the oil and truck does not overheat at. If anyone has remedy please help....getting fustrated. Thank you!

·
Premium Member
69,811 Posts
Did you put a Stant cap or a factory cap on it? The Stant or aftermarket won't work. If it's the factory one, bent the tabs on the bottom of the cap so it will seat a little tighter.

·
Premium Member
69,811 Posts
I see that I've already answered this question in your other thread asking the same question. Offering help with no response isn't very cool...

·
Premium Member
69,811 Posts
Then they probably need replacing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hadn't replaced them when you first responded. Sorry I didn't reply back. Just worked on the truck now so. Cap is oem and coolant comes out at only high rpms

·
Premium Member
69,811 Posts
Try bending the tabs on the bottom of the cap slightly so it seals better.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you! I bent tabs on the new oem cap and it stopped spraying coolant. Thanks for your help I appreciate it 4mula1fan

·
Premium Member
69,811 Posts
Us old guys are good for something. :LOL:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts