Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well i decided to go pick up a new set of shoe's for my truck. Love the tires. But I am trying to figure what psi I should set them at. Tire size 285/65/18 The tire place said place them at 55 psi.. Does anyone can help me on this. It would be great. I dont do any towing. Most highway miles and a little dirt.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Pressure seems way to high for normal driving. I could see that if you were max towing and had the truck loaded, but not for daily driving.

The tires do look bad *** though, they are on my short list along with the new KO2 AT

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
My 295-70/17 duratracs wear best at 45 psi, ride is not bad.

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
45psi Is still way too high, you don't need to go over 38psi with that size of tire. You can always do the chalk test to see where they are happy.

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Just Google it so you can see pictures
I run my 325/65R18's 40psi front 38psi rear & they have worn perfect. They are no where near factory size which your's are.

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
I run my E-rated BFG TA KOs in the mid 40s up front and mid 30s out back. The weight distribution on my 2011 CC is such that I get the most even wear this way. If those 285s are E-rated, which they may well be, they're designed to run a whole lot higher than lower load rated tires.

Good advice on doing the chalk test. Best way to know for sure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts