Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After finally deciding on wheels, now looking at tires. Looking to go one size larger since I have the leveling kit on. Don't want to cut or remove mudflaps so I'm probably sticking with the 275/70 unless there's a better option.

Cooper Discoverer A/T3 or Mastercraft AXT seem to fit the bill. A local place has the Mastercraft for $170 but they are a 10-ply tire. Discount Tire is $192 for the A/T3. Any big difference? Both are Cooper tires.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Talked with Brian at Discount Tire and Jordan earlier. Brian matched a price for me so it looks like I'll be ordering the Coopers and Remington wheels. He's checking one thing on the 0 or +20 spacing. I figure +20 would be the best.

·
Registered
136 Posts
After finally deciding on wheels, now looking at tires. Looking to go one size larger since I have the leveling kit on. Don't want to cut or remove mudflaps so I'm probably sticking with the 275/70 unless there's a better option.

Cooper Discoverer A/T3 or Mastercraft AXT seem to fit the bill. A local place has the Mastercraft for $170 but they are a 10-ply tire. Discount Tire is $192 for the A/T3. Any big difference? Both are Cooper tires.
Let us know how they fit. I have a tire shop here that prefers Cooper tires, and he'll install the leveling kit for me as well. Stock mine has 265/70 R18, and there appears to be tons of room even before the leveling.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I swapped my stock 265/70 18 SRAs for a set of 285/65 18s on the stock wheels.

I went with the Cooper Discoverer A/T3s. There were no fitment issues at all. The SRAs in 265 looked like pizza cutters on such a wide truck.

I have 2 years and about 40k miles on them, and rotate every other oil change. Very happy with the tires in wet, dry, muddy and snowy/icy conditions. Icy of course is tricky with any tire, but i feel confident with them. Standing water, with the wider tire, causes a bit of hydroplaning. Can cause a few white knuckle moments with a jersey wall on your left and a semi on your right, while taking a mild curve. Trust me i know.

My front right tire has started to slightly scallop. I think the shock up there is going bad. Tires are balanced and alignment is good. Dont feel any real bouncing, but something is wrong up there.

Anywho, great tires. My brother turned me onto the at3s a few years back when i had my frontier. If i were gonna go with any other tire it would be the bridgestone KO2s in the same size. Good luck with whatever you choose!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Alos, I keep them at 48 psi and go to 60 psi when im hauling firewood. Here is a pic with 40k on them if i can get it to load.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts