Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
I will in a week. They look even better in person. Hopefully they will offer more size selections

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Please report back with your findings. Looking at purchasing some new tires within the next 3 months. Have it narrowed down to this one, the Goodyear Dura-trac or the BFG A/T. I think the Cooper costs less though.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Looks like a cool tire. Not as aggressive as the normal S/T in my opinion. I'm running the STT now and this looks like something to consider in the future.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Anyone running these yet? Any comments on the fact they are a 'commercial traction' tire? What can a guy expect from that?

Interested in something aggressive looking, good on highway, ice, snow, and some mud and dirt.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Bump for possible pics.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have not seen these locally, so I picked up the new Discoverer AT3. These are replacing the ATR but have much larger voids in the tread than the ATR. Not quite the ST MAXX but another option.

·
Registered
47 Posts
They look nice...definitely one to consider. I've tossed around the Hankook Dynapro as an option as well as the BFG AT and even the Duratrac...so many options!

How much did you pay per tire?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I paid right at $1000/set of 4. I was looking at the RF10 also and chose these over them. These don't have the "cool" sidewall but appear to be a better tire. The largest in and 18 is 275-70. They have some 34" sizes in 17's but the real seller was the fact that these carry a 55k mile warranty even on the LT tires.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I put a set on my 2008 Pro-4x. I have about 1,000 miles on them...mostly towing my 5,000 lb travel trailer. They are good in the rain and on the highway. I haven't had them in anything messy.

They are pretty quiet. You can hear them on the highway, but nothing like mud terrain tires I've run in the past. More like an AT.

I really like the way they look. I haven't had them long enough to give any opinion on the tread life.

I bought them at Discount Tire for about $1,000 installed. They matched the price with shipping from TreadDepot.com.

uploadfromtaptalk1308763928039.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1308763986931.jpg

Hope the pictures work.

Matt

Sent from my ADR6300 using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
47 Posts
Looks great smithmdsmith!

If you have any more of the entire truck to show how they look I'd love it. They are one sweet lookin tire! My main concern is buying something 'too' aggressive but they look like they would handle some good highway time as well as off-road and gravel.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I see they price matched, did that include mounting and balancing?

I put a set on my 2008 Pro-4x. I have about 1,000 miles on them...mostly towing my 5,000 lb travel trailer. They are good in the rain and on the highway. I haven't had them in anything messy.

They are pretty quiet. You can hear them on the highway, but nothing like mud terrain tires I've run in the past. More like an AT.

I really like the way they look. I haven't had them long enough to give any opinion on the tread life.

I bought them at Discount Tire for about $1,000 installed. They matched the price with shipping from TreadDepot.com.

View attachment 123002

View attachment 123003

Hope the pictures work.

Matt

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'll see if I have any other pics or try to take a few. You can tell by looking at the tires that they are more aggressive than a standard AT tire. I'm very happy with them on the highway. They ride well.

As far as the price match is concerned: I showed him the shipped price for a set of 4 tires from TreadDepot.com. He looked it up himself to confirm. He took the total price including shipping, divided it by 4, and that was my cost per tire before mount and balance. Adding in mount, balance, and tax, I was a little over $1,000.

The price match was incredibly easy.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Still keeping my ears and eyes open on opinions on these tires.

I've got my tire choice narrowed down to the BFG A/T KO, Hankook Dynapro ATM, or the Cooper ST Maxx.

I'd like something aggressive, yet good on highway, safe on ice and snow for my wife, decent MPG, dirt-road ability, snow/mud hunting trail performance.

·
Registered
622 Posts
http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-wheels-tires-brakes/116880-cooper-st-vs-stt-pics-review.html

I ran the Cooper S/T for the first 30k miles I owned my Titan. The S/T is one of the most aggressive a/t tires on the market. In fact I would say it's closer to a m/t than an a/t. Its road manners aren't all that great (ie more noise then the average a/t, and slightly rougher ride), but it really did a good job off road in mud and a great job in snow.

I'm running the Cooper STT on my truck now. It's road manners over the last 14k miles are slightly worse then the S/T. I will be looking to go back to something less aggressive with better road manners but still good off road tread. I will say I'm about 99% certain the Maxxs will be the tire I will buy. I have had very good luck with Cooper tires and will stay with them.

I ran the BFG a/t KO on my last truck. It has really nice road manners and does very well on snowy roads, but is terrible in mud. It's just not aggressive enough for my needs. I appreciate all the pics and reviews posted here.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanks man....those tires are a VERY cool lookin tire.

I have been bouncing around the Goodyear Duratrac and BFG A/T KO and this one keeps popping into my head. Not sure of the performance in snow or tread life, but man they look nice.

How do they handle on the road? Any more reviews out there??

·
Registered
47 Posts
They do well on the road. I don't have any complaints. They do sing a little on the highway, but my wife and I can still carry on a good conversation with no trouble even with the kids watching a movie in the back seat.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts