Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any body had any experience with either the corsa or borla exhausts? Corsa claims no drone but what about the CIS, they say nothing about that. Haven't seen much in the way of borla opinions either. I know the price tags are up there but thats less of a worry, just lookin for the right set up.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I just put the BorlaCatback 140079 on last week. Sounds great. I think itis quieter than the stock system. However, when you stepon the gas you know its there

·
Premium Member
77,852 Posts
Not sure on what it sounds like on a Titan, but my father's Corsa catback on his 04 5.3 Silverado sounds pretty damn mean. He has some drone at around 1500rpm, but I don't think it's that bad. It's not much more than what I experience with my setup. However, I know at WOT our Endurance engine sounds much different than that of the Silverado.

·
Premium Member
77,852 Posts
If you're just looking for the "right setup" in terms of performance, there are quite a few less expensive options to choose from that will fit the bill and save you some $$$

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the respose, by the "right set up" I mean something that blends the durability and performance of aftermarket while still being able to hear the person sitting next to me. I've heard a lot of the other exhausts, similar to many set ups posted on the forum, and they sound awesome but are too much for my daily driver. I'm doin the exhaust regardless of how loud it is but haven't heard too much from either of these choices on the forum so I thought I would ask. Any other choices any one knows of that sounds like what I'm looking for please throw them out there. Thanks

·
Premium Member
77,852 Posts
Have you listened to the 22" Magnaflow? That is reported to be the tamest sounding of the popular ones. Honestly, I think the price of the Corsa and Borla are holding them back from being more popular for trucks, especially our trucks. When owners of other brands half the price of those two put dyno numbers and track results up for the public to see, it's even harder to pay what they want for a Corsa or Borla. However, I've yet to hear anyone complain about either two on any vehicle.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm not overly worried about the price, but your definetly right that price sucks compared to the other manufacturers. I'm sure there is a clip of the 22" magnaflow around here some where, I'll see if I can find one and check it out. Thanks

·
Registered
478 Posts
My borla was same price as a magnaflow. Like 100 shipped. Mine is a proXS and is short and prbly a little loud for ur taste. If you aren't running headers u shld be fine with one of the larger aftermarket. check online for videos. I found a ton on stock headers.

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
My Borla cat back is just plain awesome IMO. Its a tinsy bit louder than stock at idle, has 0 drone[i promise im not exagerrating] but when you step on it, it screams and sounds great. You can hear how it sounds on my you tube vids which are on my sig. I drove from North Carolina to Alaska and it has no drone at all at any speeds. Just sweet music.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Jpac, any idea what muffler and size you have with the cat back kit? Mine is loud and very aggressive.

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
Jpac, any idea what muffler and size you have with the cat back kit? Mine is loud and very aggressive.
The muffler that comes with the cat back is almost exclusive to the cat back set up. Its pretty big, around 22-24 inches. Mine is aggressive at 50% throttle or more but sounds great below that also.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I had Corsa's on my 1994 Corvette picked up 18hp and 17tq at the wheels after the Dyno....IMO I would go Corsa all the way...I will be myself once i get the money

·
Banned
2,234 Posts
Corsa doesn't sound very good on the VK56. Borla's kit's use mufflers specific to the application, as in, the muffler used on the Titan kit is not used in any other kit. It may be the same physical size in other kits, but the internals are made differently specific to vehicle sound tuning requirements.

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
Corsa doesn't sound very good on the VK56. Borla's kit's use mufflers specific to the application, as in, the muffler used on the Titan kit is not used in any other kit. It may be the same physical size in other kits, but the internals are made differently specific to vehicle sound tuning requirements.
Thank you. I thought thats what they did. It sounds amazing in my opinio but its not the loudest thing if thats what you are looking for.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts