Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yea guys i tune my truck back to stock to tune it with 89 tune but my cortex superchips doesn't have it. It only has 87,91,and 93 tune. But i had put 89 octane gas on my truck to tune it with the 89 tune, but i didn't have a option so tune it back to 87 tune, will i come across problems if i keep putting 89 octane on the 87 tune? or should i waste the 89 gas and stick with 87 octane gas? thanks everybody, for the help.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
You should have no problems running higher octane gas with lower octane tune. It's when you go the other way that problems may occur.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Yeah what he said.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys then i guess ill keep it like this for a while.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
You could just give me that programmer and ill take care of it for you :redblob"

We have 87 89 and 92 octane up here so ill be running the 91 octane on 92 gas when i finally get my programmer.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You could just give me that programmer and ill take care of it for you :redblob"

We have 87 89 and 92 octane up here so ill be running the 91 octane on 92 gas when i finally get my programmer.
ha ha well im gonna actually start running 91 to use the 91 tune instead.

·
Premium Member
58,743 Posts
Yea guys i tune my truck back to stock to tune it with 89 tune but my cortex superchips doesn't have it. It only has 87,91,and 93 tune. But i had put 89 octane gas on my truck to tune it with the 89 tune, but i didn't have a option so tune it back to 87 tune, will i come across problems if i keep putting 89 octane on the 87 tune? or should i waste the 89 gas and stick with 87 octane gas? thanks everybody, for the help.
Damn that's hard to read. :huh:

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Damn that's hard to read. :huh:
Yup sorry for all those run on sentences lol. Then again im not in English class lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts