Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So i had a question since i recently installed my Cortex Superchips i recently bought from a member in ClubTitan. I have no idea how it should react or if it normal and ect. So the first tune i did was the quick tune 87 tune and man did the truck feel diff meaning way more power then stock. Then when i got home i got into some trouble when trying to install Advance tune 87 instead including WOT,Rev Limiter, and Speed Limiter disabled. It somehow froze and my truck didnt want to turn on and was scared to sh*ts ha ha. It finally recovered and it installed my stock files back and was relief. The next day i had good luck installing Advance 87 tune and it loaded perfectly drove it around put gas then drove it for a while and let everything settle in. The next day i drove it and damn it is even faster then the quick tune. The only thing that i wanna know is if its normal that the pedal is so sensitive and cant keep it steady??? I for instance when turning right i hit my accelerate hard and it was kool when stock, but i forgot yesterday about the tune i did and thank god it was late with no cars anywhere to be seen. So i accelerated pretty heavy like before turning right and WOW my truck pealed out so hard sliding over the car lane to the next car lane ha ha. Dont get me wrong i love how much balls my truck has now, can believe its this fast with my E class 35" tires and lift lol.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Yup, that's about normal. Just wait until you do the 93 tune.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I LOVE reading stories like this.....(fap fap fap fap fap fap.....ahhhh)

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
I wish the throttle sensitivity was adjustable like BD offers. Many call the touchy throttle "the fun factor", but I call it a pain on wet/snowy/icy roads.

·
Registered
69 Posts
So i had a question since i recently installed my Cortex Superchips i recently bought from a member in ClubTitan. I have no idea how it should react or if it normal and ect. So the first tune i did was the quick tune 87 tune and man did the truck feel diff meaning way more power then stock. Then when i got home i got into some trouble when trying to install Advance tune 87 instead including WOT,Rev Limiter, and Speed Limiter disabled. It somehow froze and my truck didnt want to turn on and was scared to sh*ts ha ha. It finally recovered and it installed my stock files back and was relief. The next day i had good luck installing Advance 87 tune and it loaded perfectly drove it around put gas then drove it for a while and let everything settle in. The next day i drove it and damn it is even faster then the quick tune. The only thing that i wanna know is if its normal that the pedal is so sensitive and cant keep it steady??? I for instance when turning right i hit my accelerate hard and it was kool when stock, but i forgot yesterday about the tune i did and thank god it was late with no cars anywhere to be seen. So i accelerated pretty heavy like before turning right and WOW my truck pealed out so hard sliding over the car lane to the next car lane ha ha. Dont get me wrong i love how much balls my truck has now, can believe its this fast with my E class 35" tires and lift lol.
FYI.....each time you change the program it is a best practice to restore to STOCK then install to the new program. I am not saying that you can't just overlay one program over the other as I have had such programmers in the past for various sport cars I have owned that will do a direct overlay withoiut going back to STOCK first.

But speaking specifically to a Superchip programmer tool, I've been told to restore to STOCK first before changing to a different configuration. And it was for the vary thing you describe.

Just my 0.02 worth.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
FYI.....each time you change the program it is a best practice to restore to STOCK then install to the new program. I am not saying that you can't just overlay one program over the other as I have had such programmers in the past for various sport cars I have owned that will do a direct overlay withoiut going back to STOCK first.

But speaking specifically to a Superchip programmer tool, I've been told to restore to STOCK first before changing to a different configuration. And it was for the vary thing you describe.

Just my 0.02 worth.
Well I disagree. Your subjecting the ECU to an additional re-flash and adding another 30 minutes to the process. Writing over the current tune does not impair the new tunes reliabilty or performance.

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
I actually thought the 87 tune was touchier then the 93... Maybe it's just me. When you accelerate move your toe/foot further down the pedal to even it out.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Yes my throttle is touchy....I found out it was better to be a little more aggressive with the pedal on my part to actually smooth things out...

It doesn't rain much here in So Cal...BUT when it does, LOOK OUT!.....I threw the keys to my 24 yr old son who drives a 2001 F-150 w/ 5.4L....The very first corner he turned he threw the truck away!...180'd it right there, good thing there was zero traffic (remember I run t TT and 3.73 gears)

"Dad..WTF?"...You weren't kidding"

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Just my 0.02 worth.
Well i got scared and dont want that to happen ha ha so maybe ill do that and restore to stock cause it was not kool when it didnt turn on.

I actually thought the 87 tune was touchier then the 93... Maybe it's just me. When you accelerate move your toe/foot further down the pedal to even it out.
well i havent done 93 tune yet maybe in a bit but yea 87 is touch lol.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yup, that's about normal. Just wait until you do the 93 tune.
Yea cant wait lol because i think 87 is fast i can wonder that 93 should be way faster....how fast would you guys describe it? and they dont offer 93 octane in Socal or at least were i live only 91 octane

1 - 10 of 10 Posts