Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i had a question for those of you who have the Cortex Superchips installed. Is it slow as well? I installed the quick tune and that one was pretty fast to install. When i install the the Advance Tune a couple days later it took for ever.....the percentage would go up like so slow sometimes it would stay at the same percentage for a bit. I have it at 87 tune and disabled everything, would this include the 2* advance as well in the tune? And also if i were to do the 93 tune later how does that work? with 91 octane gas? cause that's the only thing around here were i live. Thanks guy im not so savvy with this tuner and don't want to mess up cause it didn't load the first time properly and my truck wouldn't work ha ha. If you can walk me through with the help i need that would be awesome lol :eyebrow:

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
First off, advance tunes are always wicked slow. That's pretty normal.

Each tune has their own custom timing curve, but only the 93 tune can have separate timing added on top of the tune. Hope that helps!

Also, you *can* run higher octane tunes on lower octane gas, but pinging will more then likely happen. And since your in cali, I'd guess the gas quality isn't that great. So unless your running 93, I wouldn't run the 93 tune.

·
Registered
128 Posts
mines pretty slow as well. thought it was odd because the bdgt loads fast as **** into my truck. but theyre diff tuners as well. but my god does it wake my truck up only on the 87 octane tune :huh. whats everyones opinions on running the 93 octane tune with 91? i only have 91 octane where i live as well.

edit** nvm just read the above post again :)

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
mines pretty slow as well. thought it was odd because the bdgt loads fast as **** into my truck. but theyre diff tuners as well. but my god does it wake my truck up only on the 87 octane tune :huh. whats everyones opinions on running the 93 octane tune with 91? i only have 91 octane where i live as well.

edit** nvm just read the above post again :)
It wouldn't be terrible to run 91 0n the 93 tune, but honestly I like the 87 tune and Tow tune better then the 91 and 93... The 87 and tow are much torquier, the 91 and 93 are more for hp

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
the advanced tunes take like 10 mins but it is oh so worth it..
i was advised that 93* +1 and 93* -1 are safe for us here in socal w/ 91o.
church automotive suggested to run 93* -1 for best performance.
91 tune was too touchy on the throttle but fun (and funny when someone else drove who wasn't used to it ha!). if i'm remembering correctly, the 93* -1 was a nice compromise/balance between torque and hp. i ran it for a while and enjoyed it very much.
i never had a chance to try the tow tune but i hear good things about it.
other than that just follow the directions on the screen and have fun and be safe!

·
Registered
128 Posts
looks like im gonna be spending some money on 91 this weekend! hahah thanks for the answers guys

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks everybody. i will try the other tunes now that i know this is normal. cause the 87 tune is nice but wanna see what the rest feel like lol. Thanks everybody.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
I used nothing but the 87 tune and gas save tune for the first 2 months I had my Cortex since December, only recently have I started to play with the 93 tune and I bumped my timing past 2* and I've noticed the truck is even more of a beast. I love the idle rev too, I had to bump mine up 200rpms because I was getting a rough idle at stock.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts