Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that this has been asked before probably many times but I am looking at the programmers out there and wondering which is better the Superchips Cortex or the Bully Dog GT? Pros and Cons of each? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
160,807 Posts
I have a BDPP, which runs the same tunes as the BDGT. I've run my performance tune, and I've also had the Superchips performance tune on my truck and run it, back to back with my tune. The Superchips was just a little better. Just that little bit more kick in the pants out of it.

Reactions: BDempsey777

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I have the Superchips Cortex and have never had the BD products. From what i have read, its 6 of 1 and a 1/2 dozen of the other. Basically very subtle performance gain differences between the two brands. I'm a Superchips fan cause its what i have. With the purchase of either you won't be sorry. Best bang for your buck mod.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I have a BDPP, which runs the same tunes as the BDGT. I've run my performance tune, and I've also had the Superchips performance tune on my truck and run it, back to back with my tune. The Superchips was just a little better. Just that little bit more kick in the pants out of it.
Just out of curiousity, which Superchips tune did you run against which BD tune?

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
Just out of curiousity, which Superchips tune did you run against which BD tune?
91 performance.... Throttle response difference was very noticeable compare to the BDPP in my opinion. Folks post that the BDGT results are better than the BDPP but we haven't ran the BDGT back to back against the SC yet... Maybe at the next Texas Meet??? :eyebrow: Personally, I think Carbeaux's was wicked fun to drive with the SC 91 Performance tune and Injen CAI.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the feedback. I was asking because the Superchips Cortex is at
4wheelsonline.com for $339.00 with a Superchips mail in rebate for another $50.00 and free shipping. So $290.00 is not a bad cost at all. Just wanting to make sure that I would not lose anything by not going with the BDGT.

·
Super Moderator
160,807 Posts
91 performance.... Throttle response difference was very noticeable compare to the BDPP in my opinion.
And I ran my BD high octane performance tune against it. Pops and I took turns at the wheel with each tune. Both of us were in agreement his SC was just that little bit better.

Both were fun as heck, but there was a noticeable difference.

Reactions: sleepertrk

·
Premium Member
58,297 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
4wheelsonline.com for $339.00 with a Superchips mail in rebate for another $50.00 and free shipping. So $290.00 is not a bad cost at all. Just wanting to make sure that I would not lose anything by not going with the BDGT.
Performance wise no. Now i know the BD guys like the guage options better on some of the BD products. I'm not sure which one have which though. I know some of the BD products can monitor a few more parameters. I bought mine more for the seat of the pants options rather than diagnostic capabilites. The WOT restriction removal is the most noticeable thing. You hit the gas, it goes.

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
If you enjoy live time monitoring and data logging along with custom tweaking your tune maps, you will be missing something... The BDGT is better for someone who likes to tinker and tweak the pre-programmed settings whereas Superchips is more plug-n-go... I prefer simplicity so I like the Superchips better...

FWIW, the Flashpaq is the same as the Cortex for less $$$....

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you enjoy live time monitoring and data logging along with custom tweaking your tune maps, you will be missing something... The BDGT is better for someone who likes to tinker and tweak the pre-programmed settings whereas Superchips is more plug-n-go... I prefer simplicity so I like the Superchips better...

FWIW, the Flashpaq is the same as the Cortex for less $$$....
I thought that too but because of the deal on the Cortex they are priced the same on 4wheelonline.com. Figured if it was the same price might as well go with the Cortex.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
BDempsey777---Are you 2WD or 4WD? Either way you'll notice a big difference with the WOT removed. If your 2WD its gonna feel like soemone put a rocket engine in your bed when you punch it after the Superchips install.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
BDempsey777---Are you 2WD or 4WD? Either way you'll notice a big difference with the WOT removed. If your 2WD its gonna feel like soemone put a rocket engine in your bed when you punch it after the Superchips install.
2WD....That is the biggest reason I want a programmer is to remove the WOT. I have spent a lot this year on the truck but once I heard of that sale I just knew my spending was not over yet.

·
Premium Member
58,297 Posts
You're going to love not having the WOT restriction. It really wakes up a 2WD.

·
Super Moderator
160,807 Posts
Also a plus for me as a 2WD with BT gearing, since I've put the BD tune on my truck I have yet to see the slip light hit because of the TCS kicking in. Pops and I actually tried to get that to happen with both tunes and couldn't get it to hit.

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
I ahd the SC and the BDGT. I llike the BDGT the best. They both performed close to the same, I think the GT MAY have had a little more uumph. The main reason I liked the BDGT was because you can adjust the throttle response. The throttle response is what makes the SC's better then the Powerpup. With the SC you automatically have the "extreme" throttle setting, and with the BDGT, you have 4 different throttle settings. (The powerpup doesn';t do anything for throttle response). I liked being able to monitor a plethora of functions with the suction mounted GT screen, you can also set alarms on the GT if say your coolant temp gets to high. You'll be incredibly happy with either IMO

·
Super Moderator
160,807 Posts
Just to be clear, what they allow you to adjust is throttle sensitivity. In other words, what electronic input the ECU is receiving from the pedal movement. You can go from sedate, to twitchy as heck.

Reactions: O-FiveCC

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
Correct, my wording is a bit misleading. Sensitivity is right, I know sometimes if your not paying attention at a stop light, you can bounce the front of your truck up taking off because you gave it slightly too much gas. Its fun cause you can get waaaaay ahead of traffic at like 1/8th throttle

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
My 1/8-1/4 track times were nearly identical running Superchips and the BDPP. I'm 99.9% sure the BDGT tunes are the same as the BDPP.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts