Nissan Titan Forum banner

Cost effective ways to Shipping Tires?

945 views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  tholmes 
#1 ·
Any ideas? The traditional ways are WAY to expensive...

#4 ·
Someone posted a few days ago that they are using Greyhound. The person who receives the tires has to pick them up at a local Greyhound station.

#7 ·
Yea shipping tires is a pain. I got quoted $45-$90 for just one through the big guys (UPS, FED EX, DHL). I never thought of the greyhound method. Report back if you find a cheap way !

#9 ·
P's Titan said:
USPS Parcel Post

I sent 18" stock wheels cross country and it was $26 a box. Not bad
i tried usps, they wanted it in a box. Its kinda hard to find a 34x34 box haha plus the weight killed the price (41lbs)

#10 · (Edited)
PirateTitan said:
Any ideas? The traditional ways are WAY to expensive...
I got some white duct tape -- I wrap a small section, and use a black marker to put the address on it.

I just shipped one tire via DHL: Houston to Kentucky: $18.XX

easy

(tires on wheels is different -- I use a box, but you could do similar: cut out some cardboard circles, and wrap the tire/wheel with tape.

#13 ·
A buddy just told me that he mailed his through Greyhound also, said it was pretty cheap.

#14 ·
The thing about shipping tires is they don't have to be in a box cuz there's nothing to break. What I've seen tire companies do is they strap 2 wheels together w/ that nylon strap stuff and then they just tape the shipping address to the wheel by wraping clear packaging tape around the tires so that it's secured to the tires.

Greyhound is a good idea though but it does suck that both parties have to drive allll the way to the bus station.

#15 ·
I have bought used tires off of ebay before (not for the titan, but a regular 4dr sedan) and those were shipped in pairs, packing tape or duct tape wrapped around them in three or four spots (just stacked one on the other). I think it was around $30-$40 depending on the tire weight.
Here is a link to a guy selling them on ebay and what he charges: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/265-...ryZ66475QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
$25 bucks a tire seems good enough.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.