Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, a little about myself my name is Justin and im from Palm Coast FL. I have a landscape company and try to offroad as much as I can. Ive had my titan for a little while now its got 9k ,an 07 xe 4x2. Ive noticed how limited the stock suspension is and im looking to build something on a budget. Since this is my work vehicle and all I need to be able to maintain the ability to tow my lawn equipment and dump trailer. I was looking at gregs site and I saw the performance package and am leaning toward something that will improve travel and give me enough room to clear 33's maybe 35's. Ive read alot of posts and have seen how impressive the titan can be with a couple of bolt on mods. Whats something I could put together, coilovers, uca's, rear shocks, etc... that would yeild about 4" and give me a good amount of travel. Some thing I could build on a budget.

Thanks
Justin

·
Registered
6,067 Posts
Sounds to me like you've done an excellent job in researching. The PRG Performance Package is definitely the right kit for you.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
About how much travel would I get from that? Also could I go with a lift block in the rear or are the added springs really noticable as far as ride quality? Also are the DRs better then the SAWs?

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
You can run 33s stock.

The 4" Performance package will yield 4" on a 2wd, but you will have to crank the coilovers to maximum preload ... leading to a harsh ride. Better would be to combine components from both the 2wd 4" Spindle Package and the 4" Performance Package, and you can have your 4" of lift from the spindle, and set your SAWs to close to 0" of pre-load, (lift), and have a killer setup. There are some duplication of components so you will not pay the price of both kits.

If you click on my sig, check out both the 1st and 2nd pkg.

Btw, go with the SAWs for this type of application. I went DR because I already had them, to level my stock Titan.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NorCal how would you explain the ride quality both on and offroad? Also how much lift can you get out of the coilover and still be an improved ride over stock? Also by improved is the ride more stiff or flexable?

Thanks

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
JErsland said:
NorCal how would you explain the ride quality both on and offroad? Also how much lift can you get out of the coilover and still be an improved ride over stock? Also by improved is the ride more stiff or flexable?

Thanks
I saw more of an improvement in handling on road than a better ride. Even though I'm at 3" of lift, it handles so good in high speed curves, and off road is great too.

I don't like the Deavers on road because they made my truck bouncy. Originally, stock it was bouncy too, then the Bilsteins in the back, pretty much cured it. Added the Deavers, and Chaos shackles, and bounce was back, plus!

I plan to go back to stock overload springs. Since I also have the Total Chaos shackles they or the combination of the two might be the issue, (others with the Deavers have had no issues). Greg traded me some DR rears for my old Bilsteins but still bouncy on some road surfaces.

Stock, a coilover without the TC or PRG aftermarket UCA, is limited to 2" 4x4 or 2.5" 2wd, just like the level kits. You could probably push another 1/2 an inch but the ride would be stiffer and you would hit the stock UCA against the coil buckets when driving aggressive.

Since you have a 2wd get the 4 spindle, and set your preload to zero for the best possible. You can use the stock UCA with the spindle, and the stock version of the SAW or the DR if you want to save some $. But with the spindle, mid-length SAWs plus an aftermarket PRG upper A-arm, and the stiffer 2.5" Deavers on the rear ... you can go airborne.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts