Nissan Titan Forum banner

couple questions from underneigth my titan

940 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  fasterem 
#1 ·
So I changed the oil and air filter in my other car (96 honda civic) man its tight under there even with it on ramps LOL, anyways I decided while waiting for the very little that was left of oil in the car ;-( opps guess I better pay more attention to little details LOL anywho, I decided to role around under my new to me titan to check things out so I have two questions

1 is this the stock driveshaft?? the sevice records indicate it got changed so I am just wondering if this monster is the stock one they replaced or something better?

2 what in the world is this box?? its sits directly behind the money pit/gas tank LOL, as you can see from the pic its very gunky? what is it? should I clean it?

See less See more
#2 ·
The driveshaft in the 1st pic looks like its been replaced, most I've seen are a little rusty, and yea they're pretty big- yours looks stock, just newer

The 2nd pic is the evap canister, not sure what the gunk is, so I'd definitely clean it & keep an eye on it

#6 ·
I would use a degreaser like say, Purple Power, found in many part stores. A small brush, and a hose

I'd hose it, spray liberally with the degreaser, scrub with the brush, then hose it off- could get messy

Or take some shop rags and wipe the gunk off best you can

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.