Nissan Titan Forum banner

341 - 360 of 360 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Did my cowl and window sills today. The cowl was a piece of cake. I didn't break any clips. I had a harder time removing the window sills than the cowl. I was able to do 3 coats on everything with just one can of bedliner. Here are some pics. ImageUploadedByAG Free1384218279.571304.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1384218293.545133.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1384218338.132229.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
37,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #344

·
Premium Member
2,866 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
i'm curious to how well the bed liner has held up on the cowl, i live in FL so it'll get a healthy dose of sunshine, i'm planing on doing this to the wife's armada and i want to make sure bed liner is the best route, thanks and to the O.P. awesome write up

·
Registered
732 Posts
i'm curious to how well the bed liner has held up on the cowl, i live in FL so it'll get a healthy dose of sunshine, i'm planing on doing this to the wife's armada and i want to make sure bed liner is the best route, thanks and to the O.P. awesome write up

Not very well at all. I did my Armada cowl, running boards lower air dam and mud flaps.

The cowl has held up the worst. I got a few chips / peals by the washer ports but overall it has faded very badly.

I would say it looked good for a year then went down hill from there.

If I could do it again I would have tried painting it with regular paint. Once you use the Bedliner you are stuck with it. Also, you have to wash it separately with a brush as it will eat a wash mitt.

I'll see if I can get some pics tomorrow.

Ps - I'm in NYC so less sun than you.

·
Registered
45 Posts
which brand did you use spta? and i appreciate the feedback

·
Registered
732 Posts
I used Rustoleum brand.

ImageUploadedByAG Free1436020776.126074.jpg

Here was the before:

After:

Today:

Now it's been about 4 years, but it started to be noticeable after 2 or sooner.

It looked great at first but didn't hold up. My truck is dirty now but you get the idea. Oh and it traps all kinds of dirt.

That said I'll probably respray to bring it back. I don't know of a way to remove it so I can use something else. It's just a pain to take everything apart.

Oh and I did prep by washing and spraying with denatured alcohol.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Rattle can bedliner you can sand it off with a hand sander. Just don't press too hard on the plastic and be careful of how much you're sanding off. I plasti dipped mine 2-3 years ago and it still looks fine. Parked outside every day in TN.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Rattle can bedliner you can sand it off with a hand sander. Just don't press too hard on the plastic and be careful of how much you're sanding off. I plasti dipped mine 2-3 years ago and it still looks fine. Parked outside every day in TN.

Can you post some pics?

Did you use the spray? I wonder if I can plastidip over the bedliner?

It's got a lot of nooks and crannies so no way I can sand all of it off.

·
Registered
45 Posts
that sucks, i kinda don't want to use bedliner now, maybe i'll just try a professional rattle can paint job

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Can you post some pics?

Did you use the spray? I wonder if I can plastidip over the bedliner?

It's got a lot of nooks and crannies so no way I can sand all of it off.
Just like yours, mine hasn't been washed in a month or so. That peeling you see in the corner is the only place it's peeled and that is recent from a rock. The wiper arms I haven't done anything with and that's what the cowl looked like before I painted it.

I figure if a can of black plasti dip costs $6 and I use 1/3 to half of it to spray the cowl I can afford to re-paint it every few years. I did use 3-5 coats as I knew it was a possible chip area and that it would be out in the sun.

Attachments

·
Registered
732 Posts
Just like yours, mine hasn't been washed in a month or so. That peeling you see in the corner is the only place it's peeled and that is recent from a rock. The wiper arms I haven't done anything with and that's what the cowl looked like before I painted it.

I figure if a can of black plasti dip costs $6 and I use 1/3 to half of it to spray the cowl I can afford to re-paint it every few years. I did use 3-5 coats as I knew it was a possible chip area and that it would be out in the sun.

Seems like it is fading as well? I wonder if I'm looking at the right pic?

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I need to redo mine..

·
Registered
201 Posts
I just got it done. Those clips suck!!! Anywho..

Mine appears to have a little lip that isn't flush to the windshield.. Not sure if it was like the before I took it off but... Should I worry about it?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

341 - 360 of 360 Posts