Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The cowl on my 08 CC is turning gray. The plastic is no longer black. Has anyone else seen this happen. I still have 5K miles left on my basic warranty, so I could probably get it replaced.

·
Registered
855 Posts
i have an 05 and mise is fading, i just use some "back to black" or Armorall original protectant it brings back the color but you have to keep reaplying it once a moth or so.

·
Premium Member
...08 Pro4X...
71,589 Posts
Join the club!! :lol: Everyones is doing it!

Reactions: Skyboi

·
Registered
135 Posts
I was told by the service manager the plastic trim is a 12 month 12k mile warranty.

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
VRT from Adams really helps, but Blackbeauty had his painted of course, black.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Once a year, I coat mine with Turtle Wax Ice, and it still looks brand new. However, my Titan is garage kept most of the day.

·
Registered
740 Posts
I was told by the service manager the plastic trim is a 12 month 12k mile warranty.
My service manager blamed it on wax. No coverage.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
sucks you guys aint in the west coast socal.....we get our things replace...well i do that is....lol

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
aint you special...

I usually use te same product I use for tires and the bedrail plastic etc.
I forget the name but I picked it up at kragen just apply it every wash or so.

anyone tried mop n glo supposedly it works well and holds up better on surfaces like bumper steps...

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I've seen brand new Titans on the dealer lot with faded cowls. It's just one of those things with the Titan.

You've got choices:
1. Get it painted black or color matched to your vehicle. IMO...color matched looks good depending on the color of the truck.
2. Use some type of plastic protectant on a regular basis. There are several to choose from. Just do a search... My personal favorite is Black Wow.

Here is a photo of my cowl. The right side was treated with Black Wow and the left side with another brand. This was after a little more than a week of non stop rain. Unlike other trim protectants, the cool thing is that it actually beads water, so you know it's there. It's expensive but it works... :thumbsup:

Attachments

Reactions: Skyboi

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
if we are all upset about our plastic fading lol you guys should check out the 2004 and under xterras....lol now they have something to cry about....

Reactions: Pickle-Smooch

·
Registered
855 Posts
get some carbon fibre ones.....[QUOTE

Thats what i would like!! they look awsome!!

·
Registered
785 Posts
use a pressure washer on it and the back side rails. it worked on mine

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
use a pressure washer on it and the back side rails. it worked on mine
The pressure washer is only going to remove the dirt..... The pigment has been faded by UV / O2 and weather... Can't get that back with water.

It's the nature of the material.... Solution

Paint it, dress it or live with it

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
The pressure washer is only going to remove the dirt..... The pigment has been faded by UV / O2 and weather... Can't get that back with water.

It's the nature of the material.... Solution

Paint it, dress it or live with it
Ya forgot one thing.
Make a 65th thread on the problem.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
I just took this cowl pic a minute ago. One coat of Turtle Wax Ice per year, truck was built in May 2005. Ice was last applied in April.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 44 Posts