Nissan Titan Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Look, you take a coyote out of an area, it's not replaced over night. Eventually yes, but go back and take another one. They are not stupid, they prefer to hang out in areas where they are not hunted or threatened.
Such is my goal for a few areas I’m hunting them. One area in particular, many have been shot and they keep coming around. There’s tons of free range chicken, quail, rabbit, calves, and a large pond. It’s hard to pressure them off of that when we are in a desert.... but hopefully we can scare them away to another area.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
My point with the anti-vaxxer comment was "Don't believe everything you hear." The concept of a fission-fusion society for coyotes is not a great one as they are not large pack animals. Their packs, like dubyam said, might pertain to their immediate mate and pups, possibly 1 or 2 more.

Also I've been in the Biomechanics field for 12 years now. It has nothing to do with biological responses other than how it relates to body movement. As in, they have a biomechanical response to gtfo if they're getting shot at.

·
Super Moderator
34,589 Posts
Such is my goal for a few areas I’m hunting them. One area in particular, many have been shot and they keep coming around. There’s tons of free range chicken, quail, rabbit, calves, and a large pond. It’s hard to pressure them off of that when we are in a desert.... but hopefully we can scare them away to another area.

That's a tough one. You have the only restaurant in the area and it's a KFC.

You are always going to have customers because there is nowhere else to go. Be prepared to hunt them at night, if you pressure them enough they will figure out when it's safe to come out and it's when you are not there.

They are really good at what they do.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
That's a tough one. You have the only restaurant in the area and it's a KFC.

You are always going to have customers because there is nowhere else to go. Be prepared to hunt them at night, if you pressure them enough they will figure out when it's safe to come out and it's when you are not there.

They are really good at what they do.
This is absolute truth. If you're not allowed to hunt them at night, you're going to have to figure out some way to scare them off at night. Like a pack of predator control dogs or something. Maybe you should get a guard donkey. (I'm totally not kidding.)

Also I've been in the Biomechanics field for 12 years now. It has nothing to do with biological responses other than how it relates to body movement. As in, they have a biomechanical response to gtfo if they're getting shot at.
That's funny right there, I don't care who you are.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts