Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2017 Nissan Titan Cracked frame. Been in the light hauling business for 13 year
s and never seen anything like this. Nissan claimed the reason why is because my hutch was a pull behind?!? My dump trailer is small Sounds like nonsense had Toyota Tundra for 8 years never had this problem

·
Premium Member
68,635 Posts
Overloaded dump trailer maybe? Pics of trailer??

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2017 Nissan Titan Cracked frame. Been in the light hauling business for 13 year View attachment 541762 View attachment 541763 s and never seen anything like this. Nissan claimed the reason why is because my hutch was a pull behind?!? My dump trailer is small Sounds like nonsense had Toyota Tundra for 8 years never had this problem
Those pics are from a 2017 Nissan Titan XD frame snapped in the rear

·
Registered
187 Posts
Yeah, that shouldn't happen. Not sure we have the full story here. Looking at that tire, this truck hasn't had an easy life, but frames still shouldn't crack through unless the truck has been seriously abused/heavily stressed beyond design criteria. If you feel your case is strong, talk to a lawyer.

·
Premium Member
19,562 Posts
If you overloaded the truck, I would expect the leaf spring bracket and shackle to fail first. That's what happened to me with a bumper pull trailer with a tongue weight just over 1,400 lbs. The frame shouldn't fail first.

However, if you're towing a gooseneck or fifth wheel trailer I can see where the frame would break in that spot.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Yeah, that shouldn't happen. Not sure we have the full story here. Looking at that tire, this truck hasn't had an easy life, but frames still shouldn't crack through unless the truck has been seriously abused/heavily stressed beyond design criteria. If you feel your case is strong, talk to a lawyer.
not only that, but the spare wasn't rotated into the mix... .

·
Premium Member
19,562 Posts
What are the specs on your dump trailer and how often did you check the actual tongue weight?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts