Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search a yielded a lot of answers. I took my 06 in to get the manifolds checked out in August. They claimed they couldn't tell anything. I let them keep it overnight to hear it on a cold startup and they still couldn't hear anything. I then let them listen to the audio file I saved on my iPhone but they said they couldn't tell anything. My mileage has gone to crap (not that it's good to begin with) and the ticking at startup along with a hiss sound when I first start taking off. Are these symptoms of the manifolds? How can they (the dealers) tell with the heat shields on them? Would cracked manifolds cause poor fuel economy (13.5-14 highway)?

I don't know how to post the audio files. I can email them to someone if they can post them for me.

TIA
Bret

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
The sounds you describe are charateristics of bad manifolds. When I had my 05 it was very noticable on cold start ups. While driving and warmed up it sounded like a blown collector gasket on headers. Be persistant with the dealer.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Bring it to Anderson Nissan In Asheville N.C. and i will throw both sides on in 3hrs. While you wait, long drive, maybe!
Not to thread jack, but could you install aftermarket headers in that time span if I brought my truck up there? What would labor co$t?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bring it to Anderson Nissan In Asheville N.C. and i will throw both sides on in 3hrs. While you wait, long drive, maybe!
Yeah, that would be quite a drive! I'm going to try my local again and see where it leads. Maybe they will be a little more receptive since Nissan sent out the letter stating the exhaust are part of the 8/80k emissions warranty. I would say that the old "never heard of that problem" comment from the service managers is out the window now :)

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
That's awesome!! Wish more people were like you man!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
When this cracking problem started our dealership put so many on we got a nasty email from nissan telling us that if we didnt stop putting so many on that they were going to charge them back to us. They also told us that other dealerships our same volume size were doing a 1/4 of what we were putting on, I guess they were scared to put them on. Then they emailed us that exhaust leaks were not covered by warranty after 3yrs 36,000 miles. Now they have changed there minds again and let us warranty the manifolds to 8yrs 80,000 miles. I have put probably put 300 of these manifolds on personally, that is why i can put them on in 3hrs. I know this forum is not dealership friendly and l wouldnt be either, but sometimes nissan ties our hands. Just be persistent and talk to service manager if needed, be nice 1st time and they refuse to help then get nasty, call 1-800-nissan1 and nissan will contact service manager and pressure him to get this fixed also. I hope this helps. Good luck, I wish you lived closer.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
When this cracking problem started our dealership put so many on we got a nasty email from nissan telling us that if we didnt stop putting so many on that they were going to charge them back to us. They also told us that other dealerships our same volume size were doing a 1/4 of what we were putting on, I guess they were scared to put them on. Then they emailed us that exhaust leaks were not covered by warranty after 3yrs 36,000 miles. Now they have changed there minds again and let us warranty the manifolds to 8yrs 80,000 miles. I have put probably put 300 of these manifolds on personally, that is why i can put them on in 3hrs. I know this forum is not dealership friendly and l wouldnt be either, but sometimes nissan ties our hands. Just be persistent and talk to service manager if needed, be nice 1st time and they refuse to help then get nasty, call 1-800-nissan1 and nissan will contact service manager and pressure him to get this fixed also. I hope this helps. Good luck, I wish you lived closer.
Do you see this on all year Titans or certain yrs more than others? Also what is the difference in the FFV Titan's manifolds and the non FFV?

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Do you see this on all year Titans or certain yrs more than others? Also what is the difference in the FFV Titan's manifolds and the non FFV?
He answered that before on the other thread. The material used in the cat is different, and newer Titans have a bar welded across the open slot on the flange where they tend to crack.

Reactions: deerslayer

·
Registered
113 Posts
are the manifolds nissan is replacing the stock ones with any better in design/ strength???

has any one cracked a second set??
where should I look to see if the manifolds are cracked.

I ask because I believe the manifolds were changed under warranty once, although I think the tech called them Catalytic converters, I'm pretty sure they changed the manifolds though

·
Registered
146 Posts
Maybe they will be a little more receptive since Nissan sent out the letter stating the exhaust are part of the 8/80k emissions warranty.
Are you referring to a letter Nissan sent you? Or is it referring to a article written somewhere??? I'd like to get my hands on this "letter" before I trot butt into the stealership.

I think I just may me a new member of the cracked manifold club....

·
Registered
811 Posts
So I have to ask. If "Billy Bob" comes into the shop with an out of warranty truck, do you charge him 3 hours labor or the 8 hours labor? I think Nissan labor books have it as an 8 hour job...

just curious..

·
Registered
101 Posts
ok so I have been doing some reading and I am still not sure to figure out if my Manifolds are bad... I have a 04 CC 4x4 stock height and I am averaging around 11 to 12.5 MPGs is this normal or is this a sympton? Also I have noticed when I really acclerate I hear almost like a heavy wind/fan sound coming from the truck and after I turn the truck off I hear a ticking coming from under the truck that I think might be the exhuast think anybody could help me with this rather then going the dealer route and getting raped .. not that my dealer her in AL is bad just crazy with the prices they give me. PLEASE HELP I love my T just want to get it running good and make it last.

·
Registered
6 Posts
has any one cracked a second set??
On my 06, I've had the passenger side replaced under warranty twice due to cracking.
The driver side has been replaced once under warranty, but started leaking again last week.
I'm not sure how long they warranty the replacement manifolds for.

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
On my 06, I've had the passenger side replaced under warranty twice due to cracking.
The driver side has been replaced once under warranty, but started leaking again last week.
I'm not sure how long they warranty the replacement manifolds for.
Do you know if any that cracked were the (allegedly) improved version of the manifold?

·
Registered
566 Posts
ok so I have been doing some reading and I am still not sure to figure out if my Manifolds are bad... I have a 04 CC 4x4 stock height and I am averaging around 11 to 12.5 MPGs is this normal or is this a sympton? Also I have noticed when I really acclerate I hear almost like a heavy wind/fan sound coming from the truck and after I turn the truck off I hear a ticking coming from under the truck that I think might be the exhuast think anybody could help me with this rather then going the dealer route and getting raped .. not that my dealer her in AL is bad just crazy with the prices they give me. PLEASE HELP I love my T just want to get it running good and make it last.
That is the same thing I am experiencing. I am pretty sure it is the manifolds. Mine is going in Monday for an inspection.

I talked to the service rep and they are going to inspect it and replace the manifolds under the 8/80K emissions warranty. No charge to me. Lucky me, I am at 76K.

Thanks,

Zack

1 - 20 of 46 Posts