Nissan Titan Forum banner

Cracked manifolds/JBA Shorty with vband?

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  waynesworld17 
#1 ·
Like many my 2012 has developed the cracked manifold issue at 86k miles. Being in California and having to deal with emissions/CARB I plan on using the JBA shorty headers but i'd like to use vband clamps at the collector to cat connection. From looking at the angle in which the stock manifolds enter the stock cats i'm wondering if I can even use vbands without mocking up/fitting everything on the truck first? Has anyone used a vband or flanges with this connection or is everyone following the JBA instructions and welding the manifold direct to the cat?

Anyone install JBA longtubes and if so how did you deal with emissions?

Thanks,

#4 ·
With the JBA LTs all you need to do is add B-pipes with a couple of catalytic converters from Cajun. If it's a flex fuel they have been documented as relearning the system itself in lots of cases. If not FF (or even with it) your best bet is to spend the extra money to have Up-Rev flashed to your truck. It will then pass CARB and put a grin on your face you can't get off with sandpaper.

#8 ·
Like many my 2012 has developed the cracked manifold issue at 86k miles. Being in California and having to deal with emissions/CARB I plan on using the JBA shorty headers but i'd like to use vband clamps at the collector to cat connection. From looking at the angle in which the stock manifolds enter the stock cats i'm wondering if I can even use vbands without mocking up/fitting everything on the truck first? Has anyone used a vband or flanges with this connection or is everyone following the JBA instructions and welding the manifold direct to the cat?

Anyone install JBA longtubes and if so how did you deal with emissions?

Thanks,
[/QUOT
I went with the JBA shorty's -local shop had a jig made up to weld them on correctly
Very happy with them -The shop actually told me to buy them on amazon(they were cheaper than he could buy them for

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.