Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the dealership today for the recall and also to see if my manifolds were cracked and first the guy looked at me funny and said i doubt that is what it is.Once they took my truck in for the recall,they were back within 20 minutes and said well i'm sorry you were right 2 cracked manifolds.I wanted to laugh in his face but since he said they will replace in a couple weeks free of charge i just couldnt do it.Not a bad day at all.I read all of you guys input on the cracked manifolds i knew that is what it had to be.Thanks Titan Talk!!

·
Registered
686 Posts
Is this on the 05 in your signature? What warranty plan did you get that covered this??

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
They are covered for 8 years or 80000 miles.

·
Registered
686 Posts
oh, cool...... Mines an 05 too, but I only have 12,000 miles on mine so the 8 years will probably come first in my case. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
they had no problem covering them once they discovered the problem.So kudos to Newton Nissan

·
Registered
72 Posts
What were your symptoms that the exhaust manifolds were going? Just curious as I have an 04 with 73k on it. Might be worth having them looked at before reaching 8yr/80k. If either the cat or manifold are shot will they replace the whole unit? Or does it have to be diagnosed as a failed cat to be covered under warranty? Thanks.

·
Registered
811 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What were your symptoms that the exhaust manifolds were going? Just curious as I have an 04 with 73k on it. Might be worth having them looked at before reaching 8yr/80k. If either the cat or manifold are shot will they replace the whole unit? Or does it have to be diagnosed as a failed cat to be covered under warranty? Thanks.
Bad exhaust smell in the interior and he told me at the dealership that it has to be cracked manifolds to be covered not the cat but he also told me that they call the nissan warranty claims center to make sure it is covered

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Mine cracked at 30K on my 05, I'm coming up on 60K and keeping my fingers crossed but If they go again I hope its before I get to the 8/80 Mark.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Does check engine light come on with crack manifold?
Mine didnt come on.It just has a small tick at startup and a real bad exhaust smell.Actually dropping the T off today so they can start working on it first thing Monday morning.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts