Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just noticed the other day that my back wheel is cracked. It is a horizontal crack across one of the spokes. Crack is clean from left to right went all the way through. Is this safe to drive??? I'm doing the 5 tire rotation and the spare is smooth. Anyone else with this problem? I didn't hit anything hard enough to crack a wheel.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I figured I'd get the cold shoulder since my mileage is 59k and some change. The only thing I've done at the dealer is a tire rotation and a radio fix when I first got it.

·
Premium Member
3,350 Posts
My thinking is if it's something your driving did, the bend or break would be at the edge of the wheel. To have a fracture on the spoke, I think the wheel was defective from when it was cast in the mold. Good luck.

Clint

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been driving cars with oversized wheels on it all my life, honda/acuras with 17 or 18, lexus's with 19 or 20's, tahoe with 22 and 24's. I've never cracked a rim, just bent the lip at the most but even that took a big hole.

·
Banned
1,269 Posts
I had a crack in one of my Roush wheels on my 03 GT and they didn't care one bit. I couldn't even find a replacement since they stopped making them about 6 months before I saw the crack.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Mychael101 said:
I had a crack in one of my Roush wheels on my 03 GT and they didn't care one bit. I couldn't even find a replacement since they stopped making them about 6 months before I saw the crack.
^^That sux^^

You should be able to find a used wheel in the classified section for the TITAN.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Regarding safety: I'd replace it. Quite a few years ago I had a set of aluminum rims with many spokes on my car. At one point I noticed a crack through several of the spokes in one area (but a small percentage of total spokes) but didnt worry about it. Fast-forward to a late evening high speed drive on a curvy road, leaning hard around one corner and "snap" - the wheel completely separated leaving only an aluminum ring attached to the hub by lug bolts. Quite a ride into the ditch followed:teeth: .

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I actually was washing the wheels on friday and didn't notice anything like that. Believe me it sticks out! I even checked the thickness on the brake pads after I washed the truck. I took off the wheel and switched it off with a spare already. cant have anything stupid happen to me or my passengers. I'm calling the dealer today and I'll update it.

I know this guy with 2's on his navigator with a HUGe crack in one of his spokes. Been driving it around forever and looks like he'll never replace it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts