Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
does anyone know how to replace one of these?
Here some pictures from the manual. If you need more let me know

It's #28 in the 2nd picture

Attachments

·
Registered
372 Posts
Topgun... I just replaced mine a week or so ago. It is 1 bolt that holds it on and is under the truck. It is extremely easy to get it out, but the wiring connector is a HUGE PIA if you are not used to them. (It's some type of locking mech, you have to push the green part IN, like toward itself, to be able to disconnect the harness).

Can I ask why you are replacing it? I have P0335 showing, and my SES and SLIP lights are on. My TACH does some funny things which would make me believe it is indeed the sensor, but the new one did not fix anything.

If you have any questions shoot me a pm.

·
Registered
221 Posts
h im new. I have a 350z with a titan motor going in. Can anyone tell me more on where the crank sensor is located? does it bolt to the block of the transmission? thank you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2005 titan ses and slip light came on while getting onto the highway. Only code is for crankshaft position sensor. Any one else have a fix for this? The only noticeable problem is the fluctuating tachometer idles fine but over 1500 rpm bounces around a few hundred rpm.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think it is on the transmission, passenger side...get to it underneath. Not sure yet, but think that this is it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
my qx56 wouldnt start, then would choke off as soon as i got it to start and into gear. i had to restart multiple times on the way home. p0335 error code as well. Think replacing the sensor will fix it?

·
Registered
6,012 Posts
Then sensor is located on the bell housing of the transmission and is picking up signal from the flywheel I assume. I replaced mine earlier this year. My truck basically quit on me as I was pulling (uphill) into my driveway. It would start up and ran like crap and would not move forward. Got stuck there half on the road LOL. Easy fix. I'm just glad it left me stranded at the end of my driveway and not towing the trailer somewhere.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have THE EXACT SAME THING. I replaced the crank sensor, nothing changed, With leads me to believe its wiring, but I don't know how that could have gotten messed up.

I was replacing my CAM sensor due to a leak, and then I get everything back together, it throws the CRANK code, saying there was no crank sensor found in the first second of the startup.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have THE EXACT SAME THING. I replaced the crank sensor, nothing changed, With leads me to believe its wiring, but I don't know how that could have gotten messed up.

I was replacing my CAM sensor due to a leak, and then I get everything back together, it throws the CRANK code, saying there was no crank sensor found in the first second of the startup.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Having same issue replaced all cam and crank sensor still throwing p0335. I’m lost
Ok, so for me, it turned out the reolace ment sensor I got was a cam instead of a crank or vise versa. They are th same sensor with a bit of different code, so, even though it looks right and fits, it could be wrong. If it's still strowing codes, return the sensor you just bought and replace it. I want to say the cam position sensor has a little o on the top of it, while the crank does not and that's be only distinguishing factor, but some manufacturers who made non oem parts don't know that, so it's not included.

Long story short, return the sensor and get a new one, hopefully the packages the correct one

1 - 17 of 17 Posts