Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The front stock skid plate might as well be aluminum foil. Does anyone know of a beefier after market skid plate {under engine}

·
Registered
168 Posts
EFG said:
The front stock skid plate might as well be aluminum foil. Does anyone know of a beefier after market skid plate {under engine}
You talking about the one that comes with the Off Road package, or the black one that comes with the non OR package?

·
Registered
510 Posts
Why do you say that? Do you have one and have you damaged it in some way? I ask because mine has been on over 2 years and has been abused terribly offroad. It has lots of scratches and a gouge where I hit an underwater rock, but has held up like a champ and done the job it was intended for.

Aluminum foil? Dude, it is 1/8" thick anodized aluminum. Granted the Rancho front differential skid plate that came with my lift kit is 3/16" steel and much stronger, but despite lots of punishment, including rock crawling, my factory plate has held up just fine. The brackets that hold it on are monsters.

Rancho makes a steel skid plate to replace the factory one, though it is advertised to only work with the Rancho lift. It also is not as wide, nor does it have the oil filter access door. I've not seen one in person and perhaps the width of it is due to the need to reach around it to change the oil. My guess is you could modify it to fit even if you didn't have the Rancho lift.

Regards,

John

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
If you find a replacement, are you looking to get rid of the factory skid plate?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Seems to me that the original poster is talking about the non-OR skid plate. It does seem pretty crappy, but if that's what he's talking about, he just needs to bite the bullet and buy a better one.

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
timid1 said:
Seems to me that the original poster is talking about the non-OR skid plate. It does seem pretty crappy, but if that's what he's talking about, he just needs to bite the bullet and buy a better one.
Yes the orginal, non-OR skidplate is a flimsy POS. You have to loosen two bolts and remove two others to take it off during oil changes. It's a real hassle. that is why I replaced mine.

The only ones I've seen available to buy as a replacement are the Factory OR skids though. I think the Rancho one could be made to work with some adjustments/fabricating, but aside from that I've seen nothing else available yet.

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
blueskys said:
What do the OR factory skidplates go for at the stealership?

Part number anyone?
OR skid plate PN 999T4-WQ100
It retail for about $170 at the dealer, I have seen it for about $130 online.

I believed Rancho make a pretty tough looking skid plate for the Titan.
http://www.rockymountainsusp.com/SkidPlates.htm

·
Registered
356 Posts
Why are there 2 different part numbers for the OEM O/R front skid plate being used online?

999T4-A60
999T4-WQ100

Is one a kit and the other just the plate?

Someone sell me their crappy O/R skid plate!

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
The off road pkg skid plate is a skid plate, the non off road "skid plate" is not a skid plate but a lower engine cover to help keep out road dust, dirt and some water. Every car out there has one of these.

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
blueskys said:
Why are there 2 different part numbers for the OEM O/R front skid plate being used online?

999T4-A60
999T4-WQ100

Is one a kit and the other just the plate?

Someone sell me their crappy O/R skid plate!
That is not a part number to anything. Nissan's PN is at least 10 digits long.:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts