Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys lastnight was a very bad night... crashed my truck into a tree while trying to take a turn to fast. What do you guys think of the damage and is it totaled?

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
Damn dude, that sucks... its really hard to tell.. it will depend on retail value of your truck, plus cost to fix it.. if it will cost more then 50% of retail its totalled... if not they are fixing it.... hope and pray they total it but vilims truck was fixed and his looked similar and he's got a 2008 pro4x LB... look up kbb retail on your truck...

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
That should be fixable!

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Not a total job unless there is some serious serious hidden damage to say the frame and engine. I highly doubt that's the case. Glad your ok and could come here today to ask the question. It sucks but life will go on and your Titan should roam the highways again IMO.

·
Registered
13,026 Posts
that will buff right out.
sucks you wrecked it bro, hope you're ok.
if they total it, wanna sell those Big tow mirrors ?
Whatsup with you guys on the forum, someone totals or wrecks a truck they worked hard for or someone worked hard for and all you guys think about is hoping its totalled so the parts are stripped.

·
Banned
1,550 Posts
Whatsup with you guys on the forum, someone totals or wrecks a truck they worked hard for or someone worked hard for and all you guys think about is hoping its totalled so the parts are stripped.

I was just thinking the same thing! I can't stand when people get all getty to get parts...

Reactions: vilim12

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Bedliner should fix all that right up.

lol, jokes aside... glad to see you're okay. hard to say what will be the outcome from the pictures, I wanna say it won't though, if the damage is in fact concentrated just on that part.

·
Registered
792 Posts
I dunno about it being as simple as a couple suspension components and tires... the steering is going to be completely effed...it looks like the upper control is ripped out of its mounts... the spindle is probably bent to sh!t... and with the impact on the lower control arm like that, it could have pulled the frame to that side...

It's hard man, but unless you were planning on keeping this truck until the wheels fall off, you should hope they total it because an accident like that on a title is going to cause hell if you ever try to sell it. Glad to see the truck did it's job and protected you tho! It can be replaced and you can't. I'm sure your family will agree also

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Damn dude, that sucks... its really hard to tell.. it will depend on retail value of your truck, plus cost to fix it.. if it will cost more then 50% of retail its totalled... if not they are fixing it.... hope and pray they total it but vilims truck was fixed and his looked similar and he's got a 2008 pro4x LB... look up kbb retail on your truck...
75% not 50%.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
That sucks man. New parts add up quick.

75% not 50%.
Not to de-rail the thread but can someone enlighten me on how insurance determines if it's totaled?

What value do they use? KBB?

Only reason I ask is I wrecked my T a few months ago. '06 XE, bent the frame and more, it cost $10k to fix it and almost a month later I was back on the road. I only paid $13k when I bought it, that was 8 months before I crashed.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Duct tape will have you back on the road in no time. oh wait this is not a third world country so that wont work.

Sorry to hear about your truck man.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
WOW!!! Glad your OK!

Yea, it depend's on the value of the truck vs. the cost of repair. If it cost more than 50% of the value of the vehicle to fix it, usually they will total it out.

God luck w/ everything & let us know how it turn's out. :)

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
75% not 50%.
My 2006 4x4 se cc had $13,xxx worth of damage... ins gave me $24,5xx for the truck... told me they gave me kbb retail value and its based off 50%.... this was in may of this year... or all insurances different?? Maybe but liberty mutual goes off 50%

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
They use the blackbook value (current value retail of your vehicle). So if it's worth 20k, and you have 15k damage, it's totaled.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts