Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I ordered a Cravenspeed stubby antenna (.50 cal version of course!). I was super excited because everyone seems to love them. I installed it and saw only a slight reduction in am/fm signal. No biggie as I listen to satellite. As soon as I switch to satellite though, it says I have no signal. Has anyone else had this issue? All of my searches seemed to say satellite shouldn't be affected. I have a 2015 Titan if that helps.

·
Premium Member
3,551 Posts
So I ordered a Cravenspeed stubby antenna (.50 cal version of course!). I was super excited because everyone seems to love them. I installed it and saw only a slight reduction in am/fm signal. No biggie as I listen to satellite. As soon as I switch to satellite though, it says I have no signal. Has anyone else had this issue? All of my searches seemed to say satellite shouldn't be affected. I have a 2015 Titan if that helps.
Your satellite signal is not linked to your AM/FM antenna...so swapping it to a .50 Cal Cravenspeed is not the issue.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I thought as well but if I swap the antenna back to stock, satellite works as it did before.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nvm. After I put the stock antenna back on, then put my stubby on again it worked. I must have just been a moron. Only I could mess up a screw on antenna somehow.

·
Premium Member
3,551 Posts
Nvm. After I put the stock antenna back on, then put my stubby on again it worked. I must have just been a moron. Only I could mess up a screw on antenna somehow.
Lol...hey, the important thing is that it's working fine now! :smile:

·
Registered
684 Posts
As was mentioned the Satellite antenna is in no way connected with the Terrestrial antenna. That there was a problem with the Satellite but it cleared when you changed to the standard radio antenna indicates there is an intermittent problem with the Satellite radio/antenna. Be assured it will return!

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
How is the factory satellite antenna routed? Just seeing if we can help this guy out. I would guess there is a short in the satellite antenna wiring and somehow he bumped it the wrong way once and then the right way to reconnect. I would suspect the problem could return as well

·
Registered
684 Posts
The satellite antenna is mounted on the roof, drivers side, just above the sun visor (there is a 'bump out' on the roof). A coax cable runs from the antenna to a connector mounted in the A-pillar (driver's side). Another piece of coax runs from that connector under the dash to the rear of the radio. The logical place for a problem is at the connector in the A-pillar or at the rear of the radio, unless someone has been doing some work in the A-pillar or under the dash and have damaged the coax (it's small only about 1/16 inch in diameter).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts